Cross 3 major problems found

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross 3 major problems found

Postby djerictech on 29 Aug 2009, 11:03

First thanks to the high frequency time code cd, it's very precise in absolute mode, but Cross hv 3 major problems that i found in my 3 months try & test:
1) Cross relative mode song slip forward when scratching with vinyl, that's mean when scratching timecode vinyl on a fixed position but the timeline of the song slip forward
2) Absolute mode suddenly change to relative mode, needs manually change to absolute mode, it's not randomly but occurs 2-3 times in a 2 hrs DJ set
3) some of VBR mp3 files decode hv distorted sound
djerictech

Re: Cross 3 major problems found

Postby King_Pong on 01 Sep 2009, 11:10

Thanks for the input.
We will make sure that the latter problems will be pulled up towards the development team.

Cheers,

++KP
King_Pong

Postby Dj NB on 03 Sep 2009, 01:39

Not all the mods are for scratching so thats the catch
Dj NB

Postby sylMV on 03 Sep 2009, 10:36

Hello !

Thank you for your message djerictech.

djerictech wrote:1) Cross relative mode song slip forward when scratching with vinyl, that's mean when scratching timecode vinyl on a fixed position but the timeline of the song slip forward

We're aware of this defect concerning the Relative Mode, and are working hard to improve it for a next update.

djerictech wrote:2) Absolute mode suddenly change to relative mode, needs manually change to absolute mode, it's not randomly but occurs 2-3 times in a 2 hrs DJ set

If the option "Automatic Mode Switching" is enabled in the Vinyl/CD preferences, Cross can automatically change to relative mode if you try to do something impossible in absolute (e.g. loops, seeks, pitch change, locators, etc.)
Let me know if it's the point or not !
I haven't experienced unwanted mode changed so far, but it never means there's no problem ! So, if you think there's a "bug", please give me as many information as possible about what you're doing when it occurs.

djerictech wrote:3) some of VBR mp3 files decode hv distorted sound

Would it be possible to get some of these mp3 files ? (Upload to a file sharing site and PM me the link)

Again, thanks a lot for these feedbacks, we'll do our best to improve these points asap !

Cheers,
SylMV

sylMV

Postby DJ 100 on 25 Oct 2009, 17:36

DJ NB wrote:Not all the mods are for scratching so thats the catch

???
DJ 100

Return to Community Support