Problem Mapping Jog Wheels On American Audio Controller

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Problem Mapping Jog Wheels On American Audio Controller

Postby daveh on 08 Jun 2018, 07:39

I was unable to post in 'MIDI Mapping' so posting here.

I am having a nightmare trying to map the jog wheels of my new VMS5. The MIDI learn is no good as you have to specify the Jog Wheel parameters and despite numerous attempts, comparison with other controllers, internet searches, Youtube videos etc. still no success.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated. I will have to abandon Cross DJ if the mapping cannot be resolved. A real shame as it is still my favourite DJ software. Traktor is nice but only my 2nd choice.

Thanks in advance
daveh

Re: Problem Mapping Jog Wheels On American Audio Controller

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 10 Jun 2018, 05:22

Hi daveh,

Sorry to hear you have been having issues mapping the jog wheels on your VMS5. Unfortunately I am not familiar with that controller and I couldn't find the MIDI info for it in the user manual.

It does mention:

Please visit one of the following websites to view and download the VMS5.0 MIDI table chart.
www.americanaudio.com
www.americanaudio.eu

but I was unsuccessful in finding it. If it came with a printed out MIDI table chart, please let us know the info for the jog wheels.

So far the only useful info I have been able to find is that it has
Dual 2000 point resolution touch sensitive turntable scratch controllers

Maybe with some more info and back and forth we can figure out the correct settings in Cross DJ for your controller.

Best Regards,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby MrKite on 14 Nov 2018, 11:28

Hi,
I'm almost convinced in buying an American Audio VMS 5 controller but would like to keep using Mixvibes.

Has this issue been solved? Would be a bummer if I buy one and not getting it to work propperly.

Thanks for your info
MrKite

Postby Hanginon on 02 Mar 2019, 15:06

See if this helps -
American_Audio__VMS50.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hanginon

Return to Community Support