The problem about Win8!

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes
Forum rules
Users with Cross DJ Mac bought in the App Store please join group User Cross DJ App Store to write in the support forum ucp.php?i=172

Other users must follow these rules.:
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

The problem about Win8!

Postby tientien123 on 17 Apr 2018, 08:51

...so far, so good. with one minor issue.
on start-up, controls are good for all of 10 seconds, then everything FREEZES for one full minute. after that, everything seems to run just fine. mapping is an old one i've been using on Cross 2.20 (meaning, no changes have been made for 2.30)
very weird. :eek:
i'll go ahead and use 2.30 for tonight's gig. that's the only way to find out if any code changes have affected performance.
i have not tested this on windows 7, but the windows 8 box i've installed Cross on has been VERY stable running 2.20 in the past few months (the only crash being one caused by a drunk DJ snagging on the USB cable between the laptop and controller).
also looking forward to mapping my denon sc2900 decks with this version (yet again). i've always had problems with the jog and pitch fader, since their MIDI implementation is somewhat freaky, to say the least.
tientien123

Re: The problem about Win8!

Postby FigDJ on 17 Apr 2018, 11:59

Perhaps you should update your forum profile in order to gain access to the latest version of Cross. 3.3.4
FigDJ

Re: The problem about Win8!

Postby RoJeC on 17 Apr 2018, 21:28

FReezing could also indicate an isssue with audio. Especially latency and not using ASIO driver.

Whatever it is using the 5 year old release won't be the best starting point. So please follow up FigDJ's advice.
Ronald

downloads + more forums = Register license(ucp.php?i=169)
Apple store new user? first read viewtopic.php?f=259&t=34199
Manual? In Cross open menu, select Help (available 24/7).
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/FAQ/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to Technical Support