U46 MK2 - point of getting crazy about the driver

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

U46 MK2 - point of getting crazy about the driver

Postby LoonyToon on 20 Mar 2018, 21:43

Hello,

I bought MixVibes U46 MK2 sound card and it all looked fine until I needed to install drivers.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 and at first OS installed drivers. I said: "Great" and lets get moving but with these "out of the box" drivers from Windows - my mic is always limited when it comes to how high can sound come into a microphone. Everything except that seemed to work fine.

Then I installed 3.0 Mixvibe drivers. But again - problems. Can't record in cubase all of the sudden. When cubase or youtube is open i cannot hear sound from other apps because "speakers are in use" etc.

Then I installed ESI drivers for susposedly the same card - U46DJ. But results are similar as 3.0 Mixvibe drivers plus when it actually wants to record it records my voice which then sounds like Mickey Mouse (squeeky). Also why is my mic registered as ch12 or ch34? Same lot of ch inputs is also in playback menu ...

Can someone please help me and tell me wich drivers for this card REALLY work on Windows 10 x64 ?

Would love to do some great music with this card ... but I'm getting crazy overhere ...
Thanks,
LoonyToon

Re: U46 MK2 - point of getting crazy about the driver

Postby LoonyToon on 20 Mar 2018, 23:10

3.0 drivers from MixVibes would even be at least good but crackling sound is there no matter how much i put the buffer size ... jesus ...
LoonyToon

Postby RoJeC on 21 Mar 2018, 00:16

The ESI drivers are the best to install.

Also make sure you use ASIO drivers. As I'm not really sure if the ESI only delivers WDM drivers you might have to install ASIO4ALL form asio4all.com and have this 'virtual' soundcard selected and the settings of the ASIO4all set to the u46.

Though working fine the U46 has never been released to be used with current OS's. Nevertheless like many older soundcards it works fine.

the numbers stand for channel 1 + 2 and 3+4; so 2*2 mono resulting in stereo...

The windows out of the box drivers are most of times useless for serious soundcards.

Let's first get the input/outputs to work. For mics there is a whole different chapter of causes depending on the type of mic you use.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby LoonyToon on 21 Mar 2018, 00:30

In fact, it seems that Windows OTB drivers work fine ...

But they lack additional options ...

Let's try to reinstall ESI driver tommorow so I'm gonna give you an update. Is that okay?

Thanks.

btw. do you want to say that in no case I should use ASIO ESI/MIXVIBES ? Because nontheless they seem buggy. ASIO4ALL seems to be lot more stable.
LoonyToon

Postby RoJeC on 21 Mar 2018, 11:59

You have to use W10 compatible drivers, so ESI as W10 OTB are not supporting multi channel devices.

Not sure what kind of buggy behaviour you mean. If possible use ASio of ESI. I would expect a latency of 5ms or less shoulf be possible.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby LoonyToon on 23 Mar 2018, 17:04

Okay, today I got some more time so I'm going to try to fix this once for all so I can dump up some good tracks.

Anyways this is my current status:

Installed "generic" W10 OTB drivers. Everything works fine with those drivers but it seems configuration of my Mixvibes U46 MK2 is limited by this driver. But I can also hear crackling while using W10 OTB drivers.

I'm going to try to install ESI drivers today. I'm going to follow ESI instructions and after that I'm going to write about things that are bugging up. I hope something will change by some miracle.

Anyways thanks for your help I hope we can make this work!
LoonyToon

Postby LoonyToon on 23 Mar 2018, 17:41

ATM clearing all traces of any driver and by that I mean deep regedit stuff, cleaning every signle trace. Then I'm going to install ESI drivers and restart ...
LoonyToon

Postby LoonyToon on 23 Mar 2018, 19:57

OKAY I somehow made it work.

Now, let's go step by step:

1. First of all I can hear crackling sounds, especially when I use browser or PC is turning on and my latency is at max -512.

2. When I talk in the mic I cannot hear it come out from the speakers. Can that be done? It was working with W10 OTB drivers.

3. Can I disable some unecessary devices? Like I have Ch12, Ch34 and CH56 in playback devices and I only use speakers? And Ch34 in recording but I don't use nay Hi-Z?

4. Cubase thing: when I put my input, I put it in mono. Stereo only offers me either left or right (side) of mic ... can I combine right and left to get Stereo out of microphone?

My buffernumber in ESI control panel is at 5.
LoonyToon

Postby LoonyToon on 24 Mar 2018, 14:05

Crackling sound is annoying. .. what can I do about it?

(fixed by changing USB cable :O)
LoonyToon

Postby RoJeC on 25 Mar 2018, 02:16

That's a pretty unique cause. I would guess data transmission is interupted by a cable issue and this causes frequent retransmission and by this a higher cpu load.

You could try if the control panel for the card can be downloaded and installed for W10.

Always good to disable non used sound channels. reduces cpu load.
Ronald

RoJeC

Next

Return to Community Support