Using Headphone and no cds....

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Using Headphone and no cds....

Postby blablator on 21 Dec 2014, 19:17

HI all !

2 questions:

1- i have a mac without cd in it, how am i supposed to do to obtain Cross DJ ?

2- how am i suppose to monitor each track before lauching them considering i have only one headphone plug on my mac which is supposed to be used as my main audio output ?.....

THX
blablator

Re: Using Headphone and no cds....

Postby daniel clark on 21 Dec 2014, 19:32

:cool: welcome to mixvibes

:?: sometimes need info to clarify what you are asking ,,
'what version of the software are you trying to run ,,
is there a licence key from the software ,,,if so please regerster it in the fourm ,,user control panel/profile/serial # ,, then this gives you access to the down load section to be able to get the software via download
one of the user rights associated with the regerstering process,

:idea: you will need to have a second sound card or a multi channel sc to bbe able to pre fade listen /cue/monitor ,, a second option is to use simople stero to split out puts,, not a good solution , :cool: get regerstered and download the software ,, in the help tab is a link for the manual to help get familiar with the s c set ups and audio routings :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby blablator on 22 Dec 2014, 02:44

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer ;)

So this is supposed to be a gift so i didnt packed out ( sorry my english is bad..) but it is written " latest Mixvibes Cross DJ LE Version"
...? loool

In any case lets say its only an old version of the soft, will be able to download latest thrue web WITHOUT USING THE CD OR NOT ?

And secondly im not sure to understand your stereo trick, where am i supposed to plug my headphone considering i use the headphone output as main audio output of the computer ?

(sorry if i sound stupid... but im am sometimes indeed...)
blablator

Postby RoJeC on 22 Dec 2014, 09:50

Hi. If you're entitled to a LE version, than it was in combination with e.g. a controller. The manufacturer made the choice for the type of license. At that moment the software was new and future releases include for the same main version.

You have to register your license key in your profile at the forum to be able to download the installation. Registering opens the download forum.

If you have only one output, which is likely stereo, you have the option for 'split mono' which sends cue to one side and main to the other side of the (left/right). Both being mono signal. When you use a DJ splitter the mono signals are duplicated so you have a L and R signal per output.
The other option is Single stereo, which puts both to the same output.

If you want 2 stereo outputs the you need an additional soundcard. Usually it is USB. Most simple is a 5-10$ device, often used for headphone/set. If you have more to spend you can use multi channel soundcards.

Hope this clearifies it a little more. Once you downloaded the software the Manual in the Help menu has more info about setups.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby blablator on 22 Dec 2014, 20:40

Yeah cool thanx a lot !

One last question please,

When you say " Most simple is a 5-10$ device", what are you talking about exactly ? What the exact name for it please because it will be easier for me to search and buy it....
blablator

Postby daniel clark on 23 Dec 2014, 07:21

:cool: usb sound card ,, a second s c to enable the monitor section ,, or a multi channel usb s c ,, a better option ,,as to the sound card has one clocking rate ,, where in if you use two seperate s c then if the clocking rate/speed , is different similiar to having two different t vs on the same channel in different rooms trying to listen to them both you will see/hear the differences in the two different audio outputs/..

check the product page ,, think they still sell a multi channel sc ,, or check the web ,, must be asio compliant for best results/compatibility ,, :cool:

ohh by the way regerster your software licence key in the fourm please :biggrin:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby jana_vet_cool on 26 Dec 2014, 13:58

Still not working for me. I bought the external SC (usb) from Ewent and see both cards on top of the Audio menu in the software, under direct sound. I'll put the routing mode on dual stereo, but cannot appoint each soundcard to a different output.
Really no clue how to use the headphone in Cross 3.2.0 so I can listen to tracks in advaced. I use Silvercrest SDJ 100 A. In Virtual DJ it did work, but I do not want to use that!
Hope someone can help!
jana_vet_cool

Postby RoJeC on 26 Dec 2014, 15:43

To combine soundcards you have to install the asio4all driver from asio4all . Com.

In audio tab of preferences select it and edit the settings. You have to click one of the buttons bottom right to be able to select multiple cards.

Only select the channels you need as everyone takes capacity.

After this you can set the outputs for dual stereo.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby blablator on 31 Dec 2014, 01:03

edit:message deleted coz problem solved
blablator

Postby blablator on 31 Dec 2014, 04:39

Ok so im using Cross DJ 2 with a silvercrest usb it works but;

1- i dont even succeed to hear only one track when 2 tracks are playing and when i push the crossfader left or right ???????? plus i dont find any good youtube tutorial to fix this myself......
2- i bought a output spliter to monitor ONLY SOLO the next track i want to mix but impossible to hear only one track.... i hear always both in the headphone....
3- in preferrences/audio/ whats routing mode im supposedt to select ????
blablator

Next

Return to Community Support