Cross DJ vs Cross (full version) and the Crossclock mod

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ vs Cross (full version) and the Crossclock mod

Postby Stormcaller on 02 Sep 2014, 13:44

Hello,

I have been trying to get the Crossclock mod to work for ages (and the guy who wrote it won't answer PM). I know that Mixvibes don't support third party mods but I have a theory I want to run by people.

I notice it appears to be using the "master" sync for the DVS system to work. As DVS is not supported by Cross DJ, does this mean Crossclock will also only work on the full version of Cross and not Cross DJ?

Has anyone reading this managed to get Crossclock working on Cross DJ and if so is this on mac or PC? (All the guides are for PC and I am using is on Mac)

P.S. Any idea why the VU meters don't work on the VCI 300 stock mapping? Also, I can't get the bpm sync buttons to behave as they should either: Sync works fine without the VCI connected, plug it in and even though pressing the button makes the on-screen bpm sync button highlight, it does nothing. Not a major bother to sync by hand but worth me asking.
Stormcaller

Re: Cross DJ vs Cross (full version) and the Crossclock mod

Postby daniel clark on 02 Sep 2014, 13:50

:cool: not shure about issues with Cross clock ,,
might want to start a new thread with the issues of the vci mapping ,, ,,also info as to what mapping is being used and screen shots of revelent info to help out :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Stormcaller on 02 Sep 2014, 19:02

I will create that second thread later today. As for MIDI clock out I do really kinda need it, so might treat myself to the full version of Cross anyway and take a chance, but knowing in advance would help.
Stormcaller

Postby Stormcaller on 02 Sep 2014, 19:25

Typical, try to reproduce the sync fault to take screenshots and after having it for a month and it starts working. VU meters still don't work so I'll post about that separately anyway.
Stormcaller

Postby Tech-Support-Cross on 02 Sep 2014, 21:22

Stormcaller wrote:Typical, try to reproduce the sync fault to take screenshots and after having it for a month and it starts working. VU meters still don't work so I'll post about that separately anyway.

Vu Meter not working because they aren't mapped ...

Test that, import in Preference/MIDI tab and click on this button at the bottom : >[] , and tell us
VCI-300VCI-300MKII(Vestax).mappings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tech-Support-Cross

Postby Stormcaller on 30 Oct 2014, 17:17

Oops, didn't spot that is had been replied to again. I will test that mapping and get back to you.

In the meantime, Crossclock has been fixed and tested ok on Mac (instructions on YouTube now are uploaded) and works in regular Cross DJ, so if anyone searching for this thread finds this post, they can now get it working. They need to make a MIDI loopback in a specific way to make it work.
Stormcaller

Postby Stormcaller on 30 Oct 2014, 23:07

Tested it. The VU meter works but its upside down. It starts at the red peak LEDs at the top and peaks at the green ones near the bottom (which is hilarious).

Also, for some reason 14 bit mode didn't default to on so the jogwheels didn't work until I switched that on, but was perfectly fine afterwards.
Stormcaller

Postby Stormcaller on 01 Nov 2014, 01:19

Oh and MIDI stopped working on both my controllers at the same time during a test session using that map. I am trying to reproduce both with the stock map and with the modified one.
Stormcaller

Return to Community Support