2.5 Woes

Discuss technical issues with the community. Mixvibes staff provides no support on this board.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: 2.5 Woes

Postby Schnibs on 07 Sep 2013, 14:51

sylMV wrote:Could you have the following test for me ?
In Cross 2.3, change the pitch of the target TT (quartz disabled) and check if it's fine or not.

In 2.3 If deck A is quartz locked and deck B isnt, i hit sync on Deck B it doesn't match bpm. hitting quartz again on deck B does bring it correct though.

If thats what you meant

So it syncs assuming the deck is quartz'd but i thought that was right? Deck B can sync to Deck A if Deck A isn't quartz locked.
Also it reads my turntables fine when playing with pitch, the % increase is correctly displayed in mixvibes and its stable
Schnibs

Postby sylMV on 07 Sep 2013, 15:46

Ok thanx.

Then, I guess sync was working better in 2.3 cause, due to a bug, it completely ignored vinyl speed and then only worked when quartz'd.
But, in this only quartz' case, it worked as expected.

It the current version, when you hit sync, it takes the instantaneous pitch and does the BPM matching. As the instantaneous pitch is always varying, the accuracy of the sync is not guaranteed over a long time...

We need to have a look at this case, but the only solution might be an option to ignore vinyl speed as in 2.3...

Not sure if some changes will be made shortly, but we're now aware of your issue! Thanx.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Schnibs on 07 Sep 2013, 16:30

I appreciate you looking into this, am i to assume not many people still use DVS?

sylMV wrote:We need to have a look at this case, but the only solution might be an option to ignore vinyl speed as in 2.3...

So in 2.5 Quartz lock would also be required? Im tempted to record a video just to be clear.
Schnibs

Postby sylMV on 08 Sep 2013, 01:53

Schnibs wrote:I appreciate you looking into this, am i to assume not many people still use DVS?

sylMV wrote:We need to have a look at this case, but the only solution might be an option to ignore vinyl speed as in 2.3...

So in 2.5 Quartz lock would also be required? Im tempted to record a video just to be clear.

In 2.5 it currently can't work as in 2.3. We'll test this on monday, but I'm pretty sure I exactly see what you mean.
SylMV

sylMV

Postby Schnibs on 08 Sep 2013, 13:06

sylMV wrote:We'll test this on monday, but I'm pretty sure I exactly see what you mean.

Keep me informed :)
Schnibs

Postby xtatic on 13 Sep 2013, 13:49

Schnibs wrote:I appreciate you looking into this, am i to assume not many people still use DVS?

Still do, but when i wanna sync i use the controller, using DVS and sync is in my eyes a bit of a contradictio in terminis. why use DVS if you wanna use sync?
xtatic

Postby Le Shoz on 24 Sep 2013, 20:23

Hello there,

I noticed exactly the same problem after upgrading to 2.5

the sync function has become very unaccurate... but it worked like a charm before!

really don't get it!

please get back to us, thxs

Le Shoz
Le Shoz

Postby P_Jean on 24 Sep 2013, 20:28

Le Shoz wrote:Hello there,

I noticed exactly the same problem after upgrading to 2.5

the sync function has become very unaccurate... but it worked like a charm before!

really don't get it!

please get back to us, thxs

Le Shoz

explain, please . ;)
P_Jean

Postby Le Shoz on 18 Apr 2014, 16:11

allright, then I'll explain: I use the function "sync to master" and the function "match BPM to master" which are assigned to the same control button.

The problem is quite evident: the matching is not accurate, the BPM error is varying from +/- 1% in the worst case to +/- 0.1% or 0.2% in the best case.

the consequence is that I have to adjust the pitch manually, which is quite boring… I just don't understand that!

All my files are analyzed… I just updated to Cross 3.1 and the problem remains the same.

Thxs for your feedback.

Le Shoz
Le Shoz

Postby Schnibs on 26 Nov 2014, 03:01

I see this never got fixed, got an email about the update and thought why not, it may be sorted.

well ive spent all evening again trying to reconfigure Cross after trying the latest version and it throwing a massive one.
My setup just doesnt like updating i always run into problems, this time it was mainly loading the ASIO drivers and having to continuously restart my PC.

Anyway the software still doesn't match bpm correctly like it does in 2.3.1 running DVS.

All im trying to do is get the 2 turntables to match bpm when i hit sync and there quartz locked. i dont want it snapping or trying to continually lock the beats, just straight up match the bpm.

Alot of my songs are from vinyl rips (oldschool) so there not exactly perfect. And the analyzer seems to struggle for me at the best of times (drum and bass i guess isnt as clean)
I spend that much time faffing trying to get the analyzer to match the beats throughout the song that i couldn't care, i just want the bpms to match and hold and i can adjust the song with the platter when required.

As said in earlier posts in 2.3.1 deck A is running at 170 bpm, Deck B is quartz locked, i hit sync and deck B goes straight to a solid 170 bpm and i can go ahead and mix just like vinyl without it jumping to a snap that isnt in the right place or moving the bpm all over the place.

I can manually pitch the turntable till the bpms match but i just want to load a track, hit a button to match speeds and mix.
I'll just stick to 2.3.1 because it works flawlessly on that
Schnibs

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support