Problem with new Vestax

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes.
Forum rules
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Problem with new Vestax

Postby Sebas94 on 31 Oct 2011, 21:52

Hi, i have bought a Vestax pmc 280 and using it with mixvibes U-Mix 44 i have found a lot of problems, first there is a pssssssss sound everywhere, using headphones, at speakers, and in all the channels, secondly on the channel of the turntable,on phono, there is a sound like a very litle scratch, and when i press the TAP button, for effects the sound of pressing the button goes to the speakers. and the channel i use for the turntable is very very hight while the one i use for cdj is very litle, its problem of the desk or of mixvibes configuration, the sound also is of a very bad quality, and it cuts sometimes, any idea?
Sebas94

Re: Problem with new Vestax

Postby christiankoopmann on 01 Nov 2011, 11:19

Hey,

could you please give us some details about your cable managment? which cable do you plugged in which input and so on. Currently it sounds like you have plugged the output of the U-Mix44 to the PHONO in of your Mixer? if yes this can't work ;)

So please give us some details about the configuration and we can fix the problem.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Sebas94 on 01 Nov 2011, 13:59

Hi, yes, one of the outputs was connected to phono, i have solved this changing it to line, and the sound its better, but the psss sound still there,but is more litle, but i everyone can heard it, the litle scratch sound then the cartridge is not on the vinil y more litle but still there like the psss sound, other things: the sound gets cutted for half a second of something like that, the sound of the tap button has dissapear, thats good, but when i press the button effects on the psss sound gets more louder, the Cross fader only works on the cdj channel, if i put it on the cdj channel i can only heard the cdj channel, but if i put it on ttable channel i can heard both channels, and other problem similar to the pssss sound is that sometimes it makes like a pop, sound, like a electrip pop, its not very frecuent but sometimes happends,i think some problems may be connected with drivers, days ago ibought a uca202 cardsound, and i download the drivers for it, but now when i am using the PC the sound gets cutted and stopps for a second holding the sound, i have uninstall the uca202 drivers but the problems still there, i dont know if some of my problems are connected to that, my connection:
U-mix44 outputs:
1: channel 2 of the mixer (line)
2: Channel 1 of the mixer (line)
U-mix44 inputs:
1: L and R connected to the cdj (Numark axis 9)
2: L,R and ttable cable connected to the turntable (akiyama acura)
and the output of the mixer (mater 1) is connected to the speakers. Any idea?
Sebas94

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Nov 2011, 14:20

Please optimate your machine for audio software. Search the forums, there are tutorials online!

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby Sebas94 on 01 Nov 2011, 15:17

Do you mean donwload asio4all?
Sebas94

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Nov 2011, 15:24

No, I meant optimating your machine for audio software. Do a forum search and you get useful results
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby Sebas94 on 01 Nov 2011, 16:16

Ok, another question i have is the order turning on the equipment: first the soundclard, the speakers, the mixers...
Sebas94

Postby Blackbrook on 01 Nov 2011, 16:23

?
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Blackbrook

Postby christiankoopmann on 01 Nov 2011, 17:30

Hey,

personal and some of the amplifier delevopers say this to is to start first all periferal equipment like the soundcard, CD Player and so on and then the mixer after that the amplifier.
When turning them of do it the reverse way. You start with shutdown the amplifier then the mixer and so on.

They say it because some equipment can create a "loud" noise (this "BUmm" when enabling cheap or not grounded equipment for example) this can damage your speaker and amps.

At big systems the management system is elimating this sound automatically so you have not to do this (would be funny when at the party the system will shutdown and after that startup again :D^^)

I hope this was what you mean and want to ask.

Regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Sebas94 on 01 Nov 2011, 19:04

Ok thanks cristian
Sebas94

Return to MixVibes 7 support