Installation problems....

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes.
Forum rules
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Installation problems....

Postby Dave J on 09 Aug 2011, 18:18

Hi.

I am having problems installing my DVS onto my laptop, i get the message "not connected" in all the drop down boxes after installing and therefore cannot calibrate it to work. There is no audio input or output being recognised? I tried re-installing after running cclearer etc with the latest drivers/software and it then switched my laptop to a screen resolution that it won't run on properly.....so i uninstalled that?! Now i have no soundcard option at all in the ASIO dropdown box?

I'm new to this digital set up, so please forgive me if any of this is something simple but it is now driving me nuts!? :frown: :confused: :(
MixVibes DVS7
Packard Bell Notebook
Windows 7, 64-bit SP1
Intel i3-330m processor, 2.13 GHZ
500GB HDD
4GB memory
Timecoded vinyl
Dave J

Re: Installation problems....

Postby christiankoopmann on 09 Aug 2011, 18:25

Hey,

welcome to the community and you are right here. But before some more details about which soundcard and so on are you using? also some technical aspects about your laptop are also helpful like CPU, OS and so on.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby Dave J on 10 Aug 2011, 19:46

Hi Christian and thx for the reply/welcome! :cool:

All spec is now added to my signature below, sorry if i don't get back straight away but my spare time is precious and few. :) If you can be of any guidance, i will fully appreciate it. :biggrin:

I think this may be an issue with the processor after reading one of the threads re; i3's!! :neutral:
MixVibes DVS7
Packard Bell Notebook
Windows 7, 64-bit SP1
500GB HDD
4GB memory
Timecoded vinyl
Dave J

Postby Blackbrook on 10 Aug 2011, 22:55

From your Forum-page:

Sound interface:
mixvibes U-MIX44
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby christiankoopmann on 11 Aug 2011, 12:05

Hey,

install this driver: [PC] [WIN XP, VISTA, SEVEN] U-MIX44 1.0.4

and after you installed the driver plug the U-Mix44 into your system. Then it sould be installed correctly. TO check this please go to the device manager and check at the audio section if there is the U-Mix44.

Is there a yellow explenation mark then you have a problem and please post the error code here.

When the device is installed correctly you should be able to select the device at Cross DJ or DVS.

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby UncleVibes on 11 Aug 2011, 20:30

can you use the sound card on an another /different computer?
UncleVibes

Postby Dave J on 12 Aug 2011, 14:44

christiankoopmann wrote:Hey,

install this driver: [PC] [WIN XP, VISTA, SEVEN] U-MIX44 1.0.4

and after you installed the driver plug the U-Mix44 into your system. Then it sould be installed correctly. TO check this please go to the device manager and check at the audio section if there is the U-Mix44.

Is there a yellow explenation mark then you have a problem and please post the error code here.

When the device is installed correctly you should be able to select the device at Cross DJ or DVS.

regards
Christian

Hi. This is the driver i tried installing previously and it automatically switches my laptop resolution to one that isn't appropriate, 800x600?! It won't let me change the settings in the control panel from this to the recommended setting of 1366x768 once installed, so i have to uninstall it. Installing straight from the disc supplied with the DVS gives me the previous problem of "not connected".....this is really confusing/frustrating tbh!? :confused:
MixVibes DVS7
Packard Bell Notebook
Windows 7, 64-bit SP1
500GB HDD
4GB memory
Timecoded vinyl
Dave J

Postby Blackbrook on 12 Aug 2011, 14:51

Please don't ask what exactly is wrong but if you install a driver for an audio interface and your screen resolution changes there has to be something wrong. I do not know how this happenen. Maybe you have uninstalled the wrong (graphic card) driver?

Cheers,

Steve
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby christiankoopmann on 12 Aug 2011, 14:54

While installing or direct after installing the driver your screen resolution was resized to a smaler one? this is absolutly new for me.
Which OS special do you use and have you installed all the important and recommended updates? Some updates which are optinal are also helpfull.
Normaly the installation of a driver should not change things from other components. When you install the driver I posted are you getting some error messages or something else? is the system working at a compactibilty mode or something else?
I ask because I can't imagination what you described. If it is coming from a driver conflict than you should check your other components like Graficsdriver and so on. Maybe updating them. You should also install the newest DirectX.

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby Dave J on 17 Aug 2011, 12:12

UncleVibes wrote:can you use the sound card on an another /different computer?

Hi UV. I don't have another computer unfortunately!?

Just tried installing the driver update before the latest one and i still get the same, no inputs or outputs being recognised in the dropdown box "1:Not Connected 1-Not Connected 2" in ASIO set up. Yet when i go into device manager for sound devices on my laptop and test if the sound is working through the U-MIX44, it is responding on the output as the lights flash up on 1 and 2. If i play the timecoded vinyl, i have sound coming out of my speakers but no input lights responding in 1 or 2 on the interface at all. Is that right until you have successfully calibrated it? :confused:
MixVibes DVS7
Packard Bell Notebook
Windows 7, 64-bit SP1
500GB HDD
4GB memory
Timecoded vinyl
Dave J

Next

Return to MixVibes 7 support