[Solved by ChrisK ;) ] Laptop to U-Mix 44 Noise issues!

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes.
Forum rules
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

[Solved by ChrisK ;) ] Laptop to U-Mix 44 Noise issues!

Postby paul53 on 09 Jul 2011, 17:50

Hello there,

I have recently purchased mixvibes Ultimate for the time-coded vinyl.
My problem is i have a horrible noise problem when my turntables are plugged into phono, its like a loud wind/wobbling noise. I have stripped down to discovering that the noise is actually created between just the USB audio interface and the laptop itself as the wobbling/timecode mess up is visible only in the software. Stereo works fine, its only in phono.

I have tried ground loop isolators between everything passed the audio interface (ie the turntables, the mixer to amp, audio interface to amp) with no success. i have also tried unplugging the power supply of my laptop as i have heard this can also be an issue. Nothing seems to work!

I hope im not an unlucky one stuck out in the blue, does anyone have a solution to this problem that wont involve ungrounding something inside the laptop, thats not really a option for safety reasons.

Please help!! :(
paul53

Re: Laptop to U-Mix 44 Noise issues!

Postby Blackbrook on 09 Jul 2011, 18:47

Forum rules
PLEASE.READ.FORUM.RULES.SUPPORT.UPDATE

* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.
Viele Grüße,
Cheers,
A plus,
Steve

Winner Mixvibes 10 years DJ contest 2009

Blackbrook

Postby community@MixVibes on 11 Jul 2011, 14:04

As said Blackbrook, please register your software on the Forum. Once this is done we will try and find a solution to your issue.
community@MixVibes

Postby paul53 on 13 Jul 2011, 12:59

Hello there.

I have registered my serial number and my set up on my user profile, is this now registered? Sorry for your troubles.
paul53

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jul 2011, 13:23

Hey,

I have a question to your U-Mix44. Which driver do you have installed? look at the download section when you have an old version. The newest version can you finde here: [PC] [WIN XP, VISTA, SEVEN] U-MIX44 1.0.4

And could you maybe describe your setup? or create a Config Report with DVS and post it here. This could be also helpful for us.

regards
Christian
February 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
DVS 7, Cross (DJ), U-Mix Remote App (iPad & iPhone App)

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
christiankoopmann

Postby paul53 on 13 Jul 2011, 13:29

Hi there, unfortunately im not on my laptop at the moment as it doesn't have the internet. Im just about to go install 1.0.4 now, I will try and get a report when im back on my laptop. Can i run a report through mixvibes?

Ive just reinstalled windows XP, downgrade from vista so it will run alot smoother for the music, and the problem is exactly the same as before. The very strange thing is this only happens in PHONO and does not happen in LINE, which is frustrating, bypassing and playing vinyl through line doesnt sound to great.

Any thoughts before i install the update and get a report? Like i said before this issue occurs even when its just the laptop running of the battery and only plugged into the usb, one simple connection and one big problem :(
paul53

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jul 2011, 13:35

hey,

at DVS you can create a Config Report which shows us what you have setted and so on at DVS (audioconfig, Timecode config).

Sorry when this sounds stupid and please don't hit me for this question but: how do you plugged the outputs of the U-Mix44 to your mixer?
(We had some people who have connected the outputs like a turntable to the phono in at the mixer but from the soundcard you get a line signal so if it is in phono it will be very loud and you have sound issues.)

regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby paul53 on 13 Jul 2011, 13:41

Ah, i see.

No problem. Its turntables to input, 1/2 3/4 then output to phono on the mixer, grounded to my mixer and set to phono on the mixvibes software. Is this wrong?

Can i plug the output of the usb interface into LINE and still have phono as a setting on the software?
paul53

Postby christiankoopmann on 13 Jul 2011, 13:46

Ah ok:

Connection as follow:

Turntable to the input 1/2 and 3/4. At DVS you set to PHONO. The outputs of the U-Mix44 go into the mixer at LINE. Then it should work normal.

paul53 wrote: output to phono on the mixer

Here is the mistake and why it is sounding bad. you have to connect the U-Mix to Line at your mixer.

When you want to play normal vinyl you have to press Bypass at DVS and you will able to play the normal vinyl (DVS is setting your PHONO in to LINE then so you have not to switch anything).

Regards
Christian

MEMBER OF:
christiankoopmann

Postby paul53 on 13 Jul 2011, 13:49

If this works you are my hero, i am going to go try now, and ill get back to you with the results.

Thank you so much

:mrgreen:
paul53

Next

Return to MixVibes 7 support