Impossible to analyze tracks imported from iTunes

Report the issues you noticed while using MixVibes.
Forum rules
* Register your software (User Control Panel > Profile > Serial Number)
* Go to the download center and install the latest versions of software and drivers
* Use the search tool to look into topics
* Check the FAQs to be sure your problem hasn't been solved already
* Write in concise and precise ENGLISH Thank you.

Impossible to analyze tracks imported from iTunes

Postby bomek on 28 Jul 2009, 11:34

Hello,

I imported my collection into Producer 7 from iTunes but when i try to analyze a track, i get the following message: "an unnamed file was not found". And I still can play my tracks without problems (except they are analyzed every time i play them)

Most of my tracks are from beatport in 320kbps.

Thanks
bomek

Re: Impossible to analyze tracks imported from iTunes

Postby DJ AJ Slye on 28 Jul 2009, 16:28

This is a common problem, do not use the import function, to import somgs from iTunes, you can however scan the songs in yourself then import your playlist from iTunes lists afterwords

Go to Scan from the mediabase menu and point to the directory in which the songs are stored, now select OK and mixvibes add your songs in to the database, you'll now be able to scan the MP3's for BPM, volume, etc.
DJ AJ Slye

Postby bomek on 31 Jul 2009, 15:23

Hmm, well, i would prefer to keep my collection inside iTunes.. I've also tried importing my mp3s, but the tags are not detected correctly and most of the time, only the filename is shown.
bomek

Postby DJ AJ Slye on 04 Aug 2009, 10:21

bomek wrote:Hmm, well, i would prefer to keep my collection inside iTunes.. I've also tried importing my mp3s, but the tags are not detected correctly and most of the time, only the filename is shown.

Convet the tags inside iTunes to id3 tag version 2.4, and remove the version 1 tags altogether, this should correct the problem...

DO NOT use id3 tag version 2.3 UTF-16, mixvibes only reads versions 2.3 ISO-8859-1 or 2.4 UTF-8

Maybe they will fix the import files from iTunes not scanable soon, until tyhen though using compatable tags and scaning through mixvibes is the best method...
DJ AJ Slye

Postby DJ_Sandstorm on 30 Nov 2010, 13:58

DO NOT use id3 tag version 2.3 UTF-16, mixvibes only reads versions 2.3 ISO-8859-1 or 2.4 UTF-8

Maby now i've found out why I got problems with some of the Cover Pics and some of the Tags. I us 2.3 UTF, because some files have the german "ö,ä,ü" in it. Maby if i Switch to 2.3. in Mediamonkey without the UTF it will work. Worth a try...
Where did you get that information from by the way? Never heard of that before.
DJ_Sandstorm

Return to MixVibes 7 support