Which controller need a mapping for Cross in 2015

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Which Controller need an official Cross DJ mapping?

Pioneer WEGO3
10%
Pioneer DDJ-SR
15%
Pioneer DDJ SX2
28%
Pioneer XDJ-1000
20%
Numark NV
15%
Reloop BeatMix 4
8%
Reloop BeatPad
4%

Total votes : 262

Re: Which controller need a mapping for Cross in 2015

Postby BoldFaceType on 27 Jan 2015, 22:17

RoJeC wrote:There is a whole dedicated forum on MIDI mapping.
Also tools that help you with this.

This is true, but as someone said before this forum is not very helpful or user-friendly. It takes *way* more time and energy to find what you're looking for than it should. I believe it's mostly because the ANSWERS to one's QUESTIONS are not necessarily found under the most common key words or phrases.

Also because "All the inconsistencies indicate that an older version of Cross MIDI Aliases was used to created the map. As a results there are command that are no longer valid in the map. These command would not be visible in the automatic MIDI learn section of Cross, they will have to be edited manually."

And where would one learn to edit manually? I really think this forum's information should be indexed or something to make topics/key words easier to find. Maybe improve the search engine.

If this isn't a priority for MV right now that's fine just let me know if this idea is, or isn't being considered.

You're all doing a great job. Thanks for making and supporting a great product!

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Postby BoldFaceType on 27 Jan 2015, 22:20

I understand my last post was getting off topic. So for the next person who reads this:

Add mappings for:

Pioneer XDJ-Aero

Pioneer XDJ-R1

If there's another forum that my mapping rants would be more appropriate for please re-direct me there.
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR

Apple iPhone 6
BoldFaceType

Postby Ian Bidders Bidwell on 28 Jan 2015, 01:58

BoldFaceType wrote:
RoJeC wrote:There is a whole dedicated forum on MIDI mapping.
Also tools that help you with this.

This is true, but as someone said before this forum is not very helpful or user-friendly. It takes *way* more time and energy to find what you're looking for than it should. I believe it's mostly because the ANSWERS to one's QUESTIONS are not necessarily found under the most common key words or phrases.... I really think this forum's information should be indexed or something to make topics/key words easier to find. Maybe improve the search engine.

If this isn't a priority for MV right now that's fine just let me know if this idea is, or isn't being considered.

-BFT

totally agree, think the whole forum needs to be revamped with clear topics and headers for each section so questions are asked in the right section. I also have been a member for a few weeks now but still have no option visible anywhere to start a new thread or topic so find myself jumping in on other topics which aren't quite relevant.

for example in a new proposed system within a clearly defined general mapping thread for all to discuss issues pertaining to all mapping not just specifics. within this 'mapping' section there should be each manufacturer and then it's individual controllers so a 'Vestax' section within mapping with vci's 100, 100mk2, 300, 380 and 400 included in this section, this would be fantastic for other users with similar or the same controllers to swap and share mappings which could be uploaded to the forum and help to grow smaller communities within the forum. obviously this would need to be monitored and manufacturers added by moderators as requested within the forum itself.

i just feel that as a new user to this forum its difficult to navigate. the djtechtools forum on the other hand is much easier to use. it's sucha shame as the product itself is fantastic and has a fantastically well organised GUI. I do genuinely feel that a better organised forum would help the whole Cross DJ community and help the product gain more users as help to solve problems would be much easier to find.

#justmyviews

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian Bidders Bidwell

Postby RoJeC on 28 Jan 2015, 15:58

Hi Ian,

Seems you don't have had your credentials automatically set right when registering your license key. Please send a PM to Unclevibes to have this sorted (or the mv support contact).

Don't think the forum structure will change soon by adding a more branched structure, as over time the number of branches only have been reduced. Latest revision of the forum was appx. a year ago.

Biggest problem seems to be that users describe the same problem by using different terminology. That's why the search function doesn't always give a good answer at once. Also quite some issues seem to have more or less the same keywords.

IMHO revising the forum will be a tremendous job, without solving to much of the mentioned issues.

And more general regarding MIDI. This isn't that easy to support further than buttons that "talk". As LEDs don't talk and there is no standard on naming LEDs (nor associated color options), let alone conditional combinations it is just a dream to have this in a monkey proof general tool. You do need the MIDI values of a controller to be able to manipulate it.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby MikeFossati on 01 Feb 2015, 03:37

Got a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 this week so hoping to see a mapping for this device in the near future...
MikeFossati

Postby John C on 03 Feb 2015, 07:01

Hi, Mapping for XP10 EKS for me :mrgreen:
Le bonheur lé dan ot main i fo connèt manié
John C

Postby BoldFaceType on 04 Feb 2015, 20:15

RoJeC wrote:Hi Ian,

Seems you don't have had your credentials automatically set right when registering your license key. Please send a PM to Unclevibes to have this sorted (or the mv support contact).

Don't think the forum structure will change soon by adding a more branched structure, as over time the number of branches only have been reduced. Latest revision of the forum was appx. a year ago.

Biggest problem seems to be that users describe the same problem by using different terminology. That's why the search function doesn't always give a good answer at once. Also quite some issues seem to have more or less the same keywords.

IMHO revising the forum will be a tremendous job, without solving to much of the mentioned issues.

And more general regarding MIDI. This isn't that easy to support further than buttons that "talk". As LEDs don't talk and there is no standard on naming LEDs (nor associated color options), let alone conditional combinations it is just a dream to have this in a monkey proof general tool. You do need the MIDI values of a controller to be able to manipulate it.

Thanks for the reply RoJec. You provided a lot of good information about how MV handles MIDI maps. I had no idea that there was no industry standard for LED feedback, but this is precisely my point. Most people don't know this! Unlike you RoJec, the forums don't make this clear. So what ends up happening to new users is the same thing as the bloke from Manchester (my experience was the same, and still is to an extent). It's only because the software and the community is so strong that I stuck with it. I would really like to hear your suggestions RoJec (please PM me if you cannot continue this here).

Bottom line is that MV competition makes finding MIDI map information easier.

So forget the wiki or revamping the forum. You seem to believe there are some issues here that could be improved. What controllers would you like to see RoJec? I've made some other suggestions to improve the user experience with MV MIDI mapping, are any of these changes on the table?

-More COMPLETE maps (not just transport and jog wheel. IMO if MV doesn't have the time or resources to make *complete* mappings then maybe they should only map the tricky stuff like LED feedback, and leave the easier stuff like transport, for the user).
-More COMPLETE maps for *mid/high-end* controllers
-Scripting language for mappings would be *HUGE*
-Compatible controller list needs a refresh/update

And to keep this on topic, please consider mapping:

Gemini MDJ 1000

In general, MixVibes staff is doing and incredible job. Your hard work has made me a big supporter of the software, and I'm excited about it's future. Keep up the great work MixVibes!

-BFT
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR

Apple iPhone 6
BoldFaceType

Postby oliverc on 07 Feb 2015, 13:52

Pioneer DDJSZ
oliverc

Postby Minos Kritikos on 07 Feb 2015, 18:28

Bought a gemini CDMP-2700, only 19 rack mountable cd player with waveform display...trying to map it in Cross...not easy... :frown:
Minos Kritikos

Postby djreff on 09 Feb 2015, 16:02

hdelannoy wrote:denon s3700 please !

s3700/dns3900

bring them on

:) :) :)
DJ reff
PC intel PC intel i7 3770k cpu @3.50ghz 8 gig ram mix vibe cross- denon MCX 8000 controller, with more than 40000dance tracks
djreff

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements