Hi - Augustus from Philly, USA

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Hi - Augustus from Philly, USA

Postby AugustusM on 09 Oct 2014, 18:41

I eat too many cheesesteaks!
:eek:

My name is Augustus (I haven't created one of those cool DJ handles yet). I use to DJ way back in the day when YMCA was actually played at dances as a cool tune. :D It's been awhile since then but I've decided to get back in the game. I'm looking to target the old head crowd but still be open to rock the party for whom ever wants it. I tried Cross DJ Free and really enjoyed the ease of use and the features. I purchased Cross DJ and am getting familiar with the software while I build my kit.

I'm looking to make video the component that puts me above the rest as the person selected for the gig. I don't have 20k for a LED video panel so I'm looking into using 2 40" flat screens mounted on a truss that can also hold my lighting. This video/lighting setup seems to be within my budget and get me the visuals that should make people go WOW.

I am leaning on a Numark N4 for a controller. I am also a musician so I will be adding to my amp and speaker setup to accomodate the VDJ setup. Since I am just building this kit I'm open to see whats available that will accomplish my goals.

Once I get it all together, or evening during the building process, I will want to make everything super portable and easy to carry. Perhaps a hand truck will help. I just remember lugging equipment in the early days. :evil: I'm like 1000 years old now so things need to be on wheels. The less lugging the better. :neutral:

I look forward to being a part of the Mixvibes forum community and welcome comments and suggestions.

Augustus - Dude without a handel
Macbook Pro
2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB
Numark N4 Controller
AugustusM

Re: Hi - Augustus from Philly, USA

Postby daniel clark on 09 Oct 2014, 18:55

IMG wanda weoman.jpg
:cool: :eek: no man ,,dont worry about the moniker :eek: welcome on every level of your thread ,, :cool: glad to hear you getting back in it ,, remember the enjoyment of making the music and moving the crowd ,, originaly from a little city north of you ,,, so nice they had to name it twice ,, so it a small world after all ,,
villiage people a ,,in the navy ,, thats old school for my time and era :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Re: Hi - Augustus from Philly, USA

Postby AugustusM on 09 Oct 2014, 19:32

Very true! It's all about the fun. That's what's got me back in the game - So my wife and I can have some fun. Why not get paid to dance - as she puts it. I'll keep posting as this journey progresses.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Augustus
Macbook Pro
2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
6 GB SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB
Numark N4 Controller
AugustusM

Return to General Chat