Newbie to Cross from Hawaii

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Newbie to Cross from Hawaii

Postby cjaay808 on 09 Apr 2014, 02:24

Wassup fam! I'm djceejaay checking in from the Aloha state of Hawaii. I've been djing over 30 years and I've been down with both Serato and Traktor since 2009. I switched over to Traktor completely in 2010 and now I'm going to give MixVibes a try. I have my own mobile DJ business, and I DJ in the various military clubs here on Oahu also. The reason I chose MixVibes Cross DJ is that one of my best friends is killing it in the club with Serato video and his Pioneer DDJ-SX controller. Since he and I are partners he's been challenging me to do some vj mixes but Traktor does not have a video plugin for their software. Instead of me dragging my 2 DVJ-1000's, my Edirol and my Denon X-1600 mixer to the club every weekend, I had to think of way to make this work more economically. I did some research and saw the Cross 3.0 software and how the DJ was using it to mix video. I got the Cross software for my Mac and I mapped it to my Traktor S4; however this seems to be failing on me. Regardless, m gonna do some work the Cross DJ platform. Wish me luck and appreciate being here.
- Apple 17" M/Book Pro 2.2Ghz Intel Core I7 running OSX 10.8.5, 16GB DDR3 ram.(primary).
- Apple 15" Retina Display M/Book Pro 2.0Ghz Intel quad-core I7 running OSX 10.9.1 (secondary
- Native Instruments Traktor Pro DJ software, vers. 2.6.4 using the Traktor S4 Mk2
- MixVibes Cross 3.0.0 mapped to the Traktor S4 MK2 (currently)
- MixVibes Cross 3.0.0 using the MixVibes U-Mix Control Pro controller (estimated 1 May 2014)
cjaay808

Re: Newbie to Cross from Hawaii

Postby daniel clark on 09 Apr 2014, 03:13

:cool: welcome to mixvibes ,, any help nessary in getting your set up situtated ,, :cool: :?: will be answered in seperate postings ,, have to get you situtated to get out there and show thoese others up ,, welcome again , :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor