After releasing Remixlive for Mac in June, we ship today Remixlive for PC. Alongside this version, we roll out a general update to the laptop app that makes a handful of things a bit easier. Here is the low-down so you are in the know: PC version
- Same feature set as the Mac version.
- Touch screen compatible: hit the pads to trigger samples, just like on hardware.
- Works on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core i5 or equal AMD processor, 4 GB RAM.
- Supported Drivers: ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI.Import & export samples between platforms
- Import packs from Remixlive for iOS / for Mac to the PC version.
- Export packs bought or created in Remixlive PC to the iOS & Mac versions.
- Transfer the packs of the collection to another PC device.
Import & export sample packs tutorial video: https://youtu.be/TbjPNpJq2Ow
Import samples tutorial video: https://youtu.be/DleaUHYcxqoAdjust BPM of individual samples
By default, Remixlive syncs all factory and imported samples to the master BPM. You can now choose to modify the BPM of any sample as follow:
- Play your sample at its nominal BPM (so it is not synced to the master BPM). This makes Remixlive easier to use for 1-shot for performances, thus using the app like a sampler.
- Double the BPM or halve it (in case the BPM was incorrectly analyzed).
- Crop your samples manually to compute a more accurate BPM.Time-stretch button
New feature to control the tone of any sample when you change its tempo:
- When activated: Change the tempo of a sample without changing the tone.
- When deactivated: Change the tempo and tone of a sample together.Improved envelope editing
- The length between the start and end of a sample is now snapped to standard beat lengths (1, 2, 4, 8, 16).
- Moving start and end points will keep the standard beat length chosen, allowing the sample to remain perfectly looped.
- Play a sample whose play mode is Gate and release the pad before the end the sample: the tail of the sound ( = its release) now can still be heard.
- Edit ADSR with the mouse.Other improvements
- Remove, double or halve the BPM with new keyboard / MIDI controls .
- Select a given pad when on the Sample Editor mode, with new keyboard / MIDI controls.
- Bug fixes: Better import of user samples, no more ending silence when the envelope’s end point is changed, fixed audio glitch with custom ADSR, fixed memory leaks and more.
Last but not least, a new iOS version
is out now! It brings iOS 10 compatibility + the possibility to export sample packs from here, as .rmxl files. Product page: www.mixvibes.com/remixlive-mac-pcKey features of Mac/PC version
-Modular pad grid that fits any configuration or MIDI pad controller up to 10 columns & 10 rows.
- 7 free sample packs (included directly in the app), with 18 more available as In App Purchases.
- Tweak your sound with beat repeat pads and instant FX.
- DJM-modeled high-quality EQs.
- Live BPM control: change the tempo on the fly without stopping the music.
- Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
- Edit Play mode, Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse, Transpose.
- Import your own samples in WAV, AIFF, MP3, M4a, AAC, FLAC, Ogg, MP4 & WMA.
- Record any sound or voice through the mic or audio in — with an optional overdub.
- VST version to integrate into the DAW of your choice (Ableton Live, Cubase, GarageBand, etc.)
- Fully resizable and scalable interface.
- MIDI control: support for any MIDI controller through MIDI learning.
- No MIDI controller? Control the app using your keyboard or the touch-screen interface (PC only)
- HQ track recording in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg.
Let us know what you think about it- any feedback is truly appreciated.