v4.0 : Just Go with it!!!

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

v4.0 : Just Go with it!!!

Postby BoldFaceType on 08 Aug 2016, 17:31

MV Dev Team,

It's time for THE update people. Abandon perfection, for it is the enemy of progress. Whatever you have just put it out NOW as a release candidate and work out the bugs as you go.

I understand the software is still buggy. Just GO with it! You've officially run out of time with this user. MV has blown any advantage they may have had by waiting THIS LONG. Just GO with it! You've never going to think it's "ready". That's when you need to JUST GO WITH IT!!!

I'm a savy user. You've implemented many of my suggestions and should probably put me on the payroll. Dev Team needs to listen to THIS user: Trust me, JUST GO WITH IT! You're overthinking it MixVibes. Just spin it out and let the crowd decide. If you don't do it now you risk crashing the party/crushing the vibe.

-BoldFaceType
Lenovo ThinkPad T510
- 240GB SSD
- Windows 10 Pro
- SP1 Intel Core i5 m520 @ 2.40GHz,
- 8.00 GB (3.86 GB usable), 64-bit os

Pioneer XDJ-R1
American Audio 14MXR
Technics SL1200 MK2 (Shure M44-7)

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013)
Apple iPhone 6
U-Mix Control Pro 2 (semi-retired)
BoldFaceType

Re: v4.0 : Just Go with it!!!

Postby FigDJ on 08 Aug 2016, 17:41

BoldFaceType wrote:MV Dev Team,

It's time for THE update people. Abandon perfection, for it is the enemy of progress. Whatever you have just put it out NOW as a release candidate and work out the bugs as you go.

I understand the software is still buggy. Just GO with it! You've officially run out of time with this user. MV has blown any advantage they may have had by waiting THIS LONG. Just GO with it! You've never going to think it's "ready". That's when you need to JUST GO WITH IT!!!

I understand your frustration, I am feeling it too. However, there is a lot more going on than bugs. Perhaps you want to request Alpha/Beta tester status.

BoldFaceType wrote:I'm a savy user. You've implemented many of my suggestions and should probably put me on the payroll.

LOL if you get on the payroll, let me know. I want to be on the payroll myself. :D
FigDJ

Postby HawnSolo on 10 Aug 2016, 06:09

I definitely understand the frustration as well, but am still hopeful that we are not forgotten!

How does someone go about requesting Alpha/Beta tester status? I would happily help out!
HawnSolo

Postby Di Rossi on 13 Aug 2016, 16:09

I fight so hard for the MV Cross during so many years..and if is to help bring on the new beta...can u please put me on alpha tester...
I have experience as DJ and performance...and back in the glorious days of MV the social network people even ask me to do a promo video for them...and I did it...where is that energy...where is my software of choice?!
So if you need help guys I'm here for it...
Di Rossi

Postby FigDJ on 13 Aug 2016, 16:40

It would be better to send those request directly to the Mivibes team. I have no influence over any group management.
FigDJ

Postby dj_nordisch on 23 Aug 2016, 15:44

BoldFaceType wrote:MV Dev Team,

Totally agree. CrossDJ 3 doesn't work for me on Mac OS El Capitan as it should and I'm planning on changing to another Software because of NO announcements although I really prefer and love CrossDJ!

But stability is the major thing for a live DJ! :cry:
dj_nordisch

`

Postby Activated Soundwave on 13 Sep 2016, 16:17

For me I feel Mixvibes and Cross DJ release upgrades are on par with all the other companies although I find on My windows PC and laptop that Cross has been the more stable and has the best Beat gridding next to Rekordbox Dynamic setting which even warped a majority of my old vinyl rips that no other DJ software could.

So in essence I prefer The Devs to take time in perfection and getting it bug free, not many company's allow just anybody to experience release candidates as Mixvibes does, and just the devotion to their user base is awesome I think much more personal.
I understand about the apps etc. Thus introducing more users to Their main DJ software etc and most essential considering so far we have never had to pay for our newer versions.

At the end of the day as I always say Cross is the most underrated DJ software their is, still a bits to go to bring the software technology up to date in certain areas, maybe a slightly more stunning look that is more swish in colour and shading contours more 3 dimensional/real looking, I don't mind the look we have, but it is a little one dimensional.

Also with the surprise I got regarding Rekordbox compatibility and on top of this new function the thoughtful integration and functionality of the Samplers capabilities and the Pre listening are second to none, I could never do without ever, makes djing on the fly so smooth and simple without time wasting its just their at hand perfection.

I would hate to see Cross abandoned not that I think they will for a long time, It has so much more to give eventually, The only thing that I desperately need improvements on is the fx section, the effects on the DJ app are much better so I would like to see some sort of integration but maybe with future improvements yet again as I am one for liking my fx to incorporate/sync smoothly in the mix, without immediately sounding brash giving better scope for blending.
In idea, I would like to see the standard fx layout for starters 3 fx knobs etc., but to be able to say save 2 different combination per side/Decks but then in turn to be able to flip or fade from the 2 different combos or even add a gate/chopping etc on of that again with the flip of a button, and being able to name and save your combinations groups (set as we left them) saving as we do with samplers and recall in the same way, I go into this idea thinking about the different ways you can link and blend effects and channel strips, sends etc in ableton live and the flexibility you would have with different auto panning and gating/cutting with reverbs and delays etc, with some though on internal routing and control methods more button control with fx unique flipping option the fx combinations could be second to none, at present the effects are not worth a mention as an entire entity in my preference, Traktor probably has the most rounded and warm sounding and more usable effects but as with all standard DJ software its` always the basic control methods and options when their are so many neat systems that could be devised, we need inspiration and forward thinking. :) :) :)

so I say to mixvibes keep it coming, and I look forward to the time when you can devote more time to the developments of Cross DJ etc. :) :)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby Di Rossi on 14 Sep 2016, 00:45

Ok I think you just read my mind what regards the FX section..
Your thoughts about the best grid is correct after using many DJ software Mixvibes is the most accurate and reliable in the market, capable of managing all kinds of genders of music...
So my friend a big hug for this awesome text...
Di Rossi

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 14 Sep 2016, 12:38

Hello and thanks for your kind words, this really motivates us :)
Agreed for the FX section, this is definitely something that needs to be reworked.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and keeping on supporting us.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby JuniorPops on 17 Sep 2016, 21:34

Team@MixVibes wrote:Hello and thanks for your kind words, this really motivates us :)
Agreed for the FX section, this is definitely something that needs to be reworked.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback and keeping on supporting us.

Thats all you could say, Mac users have been complaining since the last update about 1 year ago,i have been complaining about the regular crashing of Cross.
Make an official statement so users could know whats up, not just say its coming , its long overdue.
JuniorPops

Next

Return to Announcements