Cross & Cross DJ RC 03 testers comments welcome!

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross & Cross DJ RC 03 testers comments welcome!

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 26 Sep 2014, 11:41

Dear friends and Cross users,

We are proud to announce the latest Release Candidate version of Cross, Cross 3.3.0 RC 03.

- 64bits
- Improved MIDI performance

This version also fixes issues previously reported by the community and adds a few enhancements.

Please read the changelog to check all the modifications and confirm them.

Please note that this is a Release Candidate version. It is NOT a final version. We are therefore advising you NOT to use it in a professional environment such as live acts and to wait the official version, upcoming as soon as the RC is validated.

Feel free to download Cross 3.3 RC 03

[MAC] Cross 3.3 RC03

[PC] Cross 3.3 RC 03

Feel free to download Cross DJ 3.3 RC 03

[MAC] Cross DJ 3.3 RC03
[PC] Cross DJ 3.3 RC 03

Thanks for your collaboration and trust.

Musically yours,

Your MixVibes Team.

A Release Candidate (RC) is an update that has received beta testing but still needs confirmation from the community to be validated into an official update. We are calling on your help to validate future RC updates into official updates.
We strongly advise you to use these versions exclusively for personal use and not in a public or professional context. The Official release is always available for your performances.
We also ask you to report all bugs and issues in the Release Candidate forum so we can fix them.

Changelog:
Changes from 3.3.0 RC1 to 3.3.0 RC2:
- Fixed audio skips when unloading a track.
- Reduced memory footprint of large collections.
- Player keeps its playing state when loading another track.
- Fixed possible crash with some audio only MP4 tracks.
- Reinserted "Optimize Collection" menu item, for cleaning up large old collections.
- Faster sort of collection, if needed, when only one track is modified.
- Fixed MIDI initial state.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Analysis started by a player load is canceled at unload if not finished.
- Security default setting set to off.

Changes from 3.2.1 to 3.3.0 RC1:
- 64bits.
- Improved MIDI performance.
- Installer: don't overwrite user's default collection.
- Navigation History (there is a little widget in the top-left corner of collection, and back/forward commands).
- Exact search in collection (using double-quotes).
- Smarter column sorting.
- Display analysis result (BPM/KEY) in iTunes / Files / Soundcloud if availlable in Collection.
- Compatibility fix iTunes 12.
- Track Match: Find tracks that matches together: Manually, Automatically, or Historically. To match manually, select a reference track (from master player or list), and a second track (master player , A-B-C-D player or list) and click “+” (you can also use drag and drop to match track and re-order track list). Automatic match uses compatible BPM and KEY. Historic match searches your history to find matches.
- Restore last loaded tracks / sample banks at startup. Tell us what you think about that.
- export playlist to DJ bundle (containing files, m3u/nml playlist and rekordbox xml).
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Re: Cross & Cross DJ RC 03 testers comments welcome!

Postby RoJeC on 26 Sep 2014, 12:03

Summary of earlier mentioned (still present)
- Match not updated when changing BPM in deck.
- UMC-2 not working (see Daniel)
- Nodes at right of collection cannot be sorted/enabled (e.g. preview button out of sight in some views)
- when using beatmatcher first time in session it runs fast, where as speed indicator is middle. Slightest touch to indicator makes it normal.
- loop triangle to transparant.

32-bit version
Still not possible to switch between 2 large collections (like 500mb each).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby RoJeC on 26 Sep 2014, 12:09

Just noticed..
using autoplay
Remove tracks, including active playing track, till the end.

Add tracks....
Expectation would be it would goto first newly added track.

It however seems to go to the track succeeding the number of the active playing track, so skipping new tracks or worst case going past end of list.

in figures:
track 20 playing
remove 20-end
add 10
next = 21 , where as should be 'new' 20
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby UncleVibes on 26 Sep 2014, 12:14

Good high grade comments!
UncleVibes

Postby dj eazy on 26 Sep 2014, 17:57

Hello,

I've been following the updates for RC 3 to RC 3.3 and for some reason the 64 bit version for PC will not recognize the DDJ -SX asio driver. It will recognize it in the 32bit version. I downloaded ASIO 4 all to test it, and it worked. I think it may be a compatibility issue with the Pioneer Driver and Cross 64 bit 3. Can you please confirm or tell me if it's something I'm missing.

Also, loading songs over each other while in the played state to continue is great, but it snaps in to any grid line. Not really in sync. You then have to hurry and deactivate sync, and initiate again. That only works if your syncing by cycle. I think we need some setting that locks it, so no matter where you load the track it will still stay in sync. If that's passable.
dj eazy

Postby Alejandro Guerrero Higuera on 26 Sep 2014, 20:55

I've been testing video performance on a notebook ASUS505Q , with 2GB of video RAM and still can not get a proper extended frame rate video . When I play the videos from the computer monitor , I get 30 FPS , after enabled extended mode, drops to 16 FPS. I'm running in high performance mode , and I have selected from the control panel of Nvidia GPU output Cross 3 .

low fps output.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alejandro Guerrero Higuera

Postby RoJeC on 26 Sep 2014, 22:12

Hi DJ eazy,
The 64-bit Cross only 'uses' full 64 bit drivers. the sx are 32-bit. same applies for camera inputs.
It's a way to make sure 64-bit advantages are not messed up by a 32-bit bottleneck.
Ronald

RoJeC

Postby Nutty667 on 03 Oct 2014, 00:24

Will there be continued 32bit updates ? It looks like the Pioneer cdj drivers wont load with the 64bit one, just tested. Ended up using Asio4all, but the tracks constantly pause every few seconds using that.

It did look like the initial CDJ selection bug I reported is fixed with the latest 64bit RC, but its no use to me if I cant load cdj drivers.
Nutty667

Postby UncleVibes on 03 Oct 2014, 04:55

32 bits version isn't discontinued. Package contains both version.
UncleVibes

Postby Nutty667 on 04 Oct 2014, 12:29

Ahh right, that could be made more obvious in the download section. Also perhaps a 32bit/64bit selection in the installer might be nice.

I can confirm the CDJ init bug is still not fixed in this 32bit version.
(viewtopic.php?f=358&t=33519)

Though the mp3 that was crashing Cross seems to not be an issue anymore. (viewtopic.php?f=358&t=33520)

I exported my collection from Desktop using the 64bit version, and tried importing it into my laptop running 32bit RC3 and it said the collection was corrupt, so it aborted the restore process.

Re-exporting from desktop from the 32bit version now. See if that fixes it.
Nutty667

Next

Return to Announcements