when did you first started to DJ and why.......

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

when did you first started to DJ and why.......

Postby djdubc on 30 Jun 2013, 00:09

im going to start this off...ive been loving music since as early as i can remember, living in the pj's of bayoone, nj i would sit at the window and listen to some of the other greats when cassette tapes were really the business, alot of people would walk by with their sony boomboxes and music blasting and it sounded natural, nothing but blends and mash-ups in the early 90's(before mash-ups were "popular") and i said to myself, thats what i wanna do, so i started buying mixtapes and making copies getting copies of some of my fav DJ's at the time and learned how a mix was composed, beat-jugging, etc. then a few years went by and in 1999 i really started getting into it cause i didn't have my own DJ stuff so a friend of mine allowed me to use his DJ stuff, i made my first ever blend in december 1999 then a mixtape that following summer, then in 2003 finally got my first set of tt's...the gemini pt-2000 and a adj 2 channel mixer for $125 (some of the best tables ive ever used!) and thats my beginning of my DJ adventure and its getting even better! :cool:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Re: when did you first started to DJ and why.......

Postby daniel clark on 30 Jun 2013, 00:57

:cool: early age music lover :eek: had the early cassette beat boxes and used that to make mixcassettes from the music off of the radio ,,had the biggest one on the basketball court :eek: started wanting to be a dee jay after high school in 1977,worked to get monie to pay for equiptment ,A $100 sansui au2900 ,25 watt intergrated amp,a pair of technics sl1 for $75 a piece(base line belt drive)(before them i used a pair of bsr cermanic cart tt)got one of the first Numark audio mixers ,had neumerous pairs of speakers from panasonic 8 in air suspension 2 way to a pair of gemni 15 in bass speakers ,even built a pair of 18 bass kickers :cool: for every dollar spent on equiptment,2-3 was spent on vinal :eek: sold my equiptment in 1984 to a couisin to go into the military,,where he used it to get to where he wanted to be :!: one of the things that was said at his passing was that that was a pivot point in his life :cool: ,,so as long as you are living and feel the music in your heart ,, :cool: then you better keep making it :!:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: P S this all took place in a little town called New York City :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby djphaidon on 30 Jun 2013, 03:17

I had always been into music. I started guitar at age 7, and picked up saxophone at age 9. I was in band and was pretty involved in music outside of DJ'ing before I ever heard of DJ'ing. I am from a really small town, so we didn't have a very large inport of rare or non-conventional music, so I had to get my good music from stores in the larger cities, which are 4 hours away.

Had "DJ'd" a few parties in high school cause I had an amazing CD collection for a high schooler (it was what I spent all my money on, and I had been working since age 12 for my grandfather). I was riding in a car with a girlfriend I had who happen to have DJ Dan's "Beat's 4 Freaks". I had heard electronic music before, and was a huge Crystal Method fan, but something about the vibe and the flow of the Dan cd moved me. That was 1999.

I spent the following summer working 3 jobs. Mind you, I was 16 working almost 50 hours per week. I payed for 2 of the CD players below, a cheap 2 channel mixer, a coffin to carry it around in, and all the cables I would need. Came out to around $1200.

I started DJ'ing the high school dances the next year by renting a PA from a family friend. Back nearly 2 decades ago I was getting $400 per dance, and had to pay the PA $100. It seemed like a pretty great way to pay for lunch, so I kept doing it. Not to mention, I love music. I get to make people dance and listen to music the entire time, sounds like a perfect fit.

I guess the reason that I started is because people came to me for music all the time anyway, so it wasn't much different after I started DJ'ing. I just delivered it differently after I started DJ'ing.

MixVibes Cross 2.6.0
A&H Xone:DB4 / A&H Xone:K2 / QuNeo / iPad Lemur
15' MacBook Pro / 16Gb RAM

Retired: Jazzmutant Lemur / Korg padKontrol / Korg Zero 4 / VCI 100 / APC40 / NI S4 / Traktor

djphaidon

Postby djdubc on 30 Jun 2013, 04:33

i think this will be a great topic for alot of people......everyone getting to know how everyone started :cool: plus those who would like to get started and don't know how...this would be the Ultimate guide for a beginner across all levels :cool:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby gullum on 30 Jun 2013, 07:10

DJ'ed the first time around 1984 (Iwas 12 then). Music has always been a part of my life my older brothers played in bands 3 of them were DJ's also, but not it the way most people think about DJ's now only playing songs from start to finish then next. But when I was around 9 I started getting into Breakdance and hiphop witch led to intrest in DJ'ing I DJ'ed from when I was 12 til about 18 when I started playing in bands, Stopped DJ's and only got back into DJ in 2010 I still love music as much as I did when I was 12 :D and it's fun to see that a lot of the hits from the 80's keep returning as new remixes reedits or covers.
Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Cross, Macbook Air 13" mid 2012 OS X Yosemite
https://www.Facebook.com/djgullum

gullum

Postby DjCzar on 11 Jul 2013, 18:39

I started to really listen to music when i was living in Mexico. The year was 1991 i was 12 years old. I began to enlist on percussion band at my school. Thats when it all started, I was really trying to accompany what ever music i was listening to and add some extra drum patterns here and there. Then a few years later i came back to the U.S. Union city Ca. Where i went to high school. There i met a guy who introduced me to a genre called house music. I was really intrigued on how it was sounding and reminded me of my percussion days.
After talking to my cousin about my new genre that i was introduced in 1995, he told me that he had access to turntables and i told him that i was interested in playing with vinyl. So for the next few years i started collecting underground records of house music and a few break beat records, mostly from artists from Florida. (break beat capital of the world back then). My cousin was the major influence on DJ's i would say. he is a little older than me for about 2 years.
Finally a few years go by in 2001 i got my first pair of technics of my own, it was 948 dollars and some change. still have the invoice.
Once i got my turntables i began to listen to other genres, like D&B, Jungle, Trance, Techno. Back then there was no Dubstep.
Then finally just a few years ago almost i was looking to step it up on the Digital world of DJ'ing and i found Mixvibes in 2011 and have been mixing digital ever since.
DjCzar

Postby Hannes on 11 Jul 2013, 20:03

me: because someone had to ;)
June 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

https://soundcloud.com/han-nes-10/fridaybeatdown2ndedition
no support by pm

beta troll

Macbook Pro 13, late 2011, 6GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500
Thudrumble TR-1S, Vestax VFX-1, ESI Maya USB+, Rane SL2
Hannes

Postby djdubc on 11 Jul 2013, 21:16

Hannes wrote:me: because someone had to ;)
ok smart man :cool:
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby dj_cross_fade on 13 Jul 2013, 10:49

i was doing remixes before i knew about djing on tape :lol: so i though
i started back in 96 when i heard this DJ do some sick trick mixes
im not going to lie it was a rough start because at the time
i had black outs and would forget what i learned (im disabled but was more so back then )
it took me 3 times more to become a bringer DJ and everyone said i will never learn but i did and they can kiss my ... but :eek:
lucky for me i dont get black outs any more
(side note had i known what i know now about doctors i would have never had my mom take me to a witch doctor :lol: to try and fix my disabled ass :lol:
wtf is rubbing a egg around me going to do.. not a god damm thing lol
plz dont let friends use Mexican witch doctors . :neutral:
(a message payed for buy music headz tv )Image
i stream my mixes and Gameplay at http://www.hitbox.tv/MediaHeadzTv
at Hitbox.tv you get no copy right strikes and im working on making a DJ community there
dj_cross_fade

Postby Dj-Pawwa on 15 Jul 2013, 03:44

There was a little party between friends, i had a lot of music so they asked me if i can put some music, there was a friend that lended me his hercules mk2 and i used an acer aspire one with virtual DJ (this friend lended me even the software licence) that wasn't staying inside the screen (the skin was tall 720 pixel and the monitor was tall 600 ahahaahah)
In 2 years i moved to mac and fortunately to Cross DJ with an mc6000 but i also used an hercules 4mx for a year, i use some vinyls and i'm planning for timecode, you know... Dat feeling :)
Dj-Pawwa

Next

Return to Announcements