Finding Music

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Finding Music

Postby Smarter on 28 Dec 2012, 15:05

i use soundcloud :)
its great to what comes finding and getting songs...

Well i havent bought any song yet cause lots of songs there are for free and i support the idea of free music.. Imo music should't be for sale :3 music is something so amazing it should be for everyone and not for making money...
I love high tempo music and here in finland we have the Finrg Recordings and they share my thought of free music.
Music is my religion
Smarter

Postby BennyB on 28 Dec 2012, 16:17

Smarter wrote:i use soundcloud :)

Well i havent bought any song yet cause lots of songs there are for free and i support the idea of free music.. Imo music should't be for sale :3 music is something so amazing it should be for everyone and not for making money...
I love high tempo music and here in finland we have the Finrg Recordings and they share my thought of free music.

I'll be making money from music one day... and you'll be saying "I gonna ask money for my tracks" if you keep producing songs with about a thousand listeners... and a record company phones you up like: "Hey mate... we, ammm, we like ya music, so, mate could join our rec. company? Ummm, we'd be so damn happy to have you... contracts sign'n Word censored (guess you find it I love walking on it)... join us would you mate?" :lol:
April 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

aka. Ben

"...Music Is The Answer To The Problems..."

FOUNDER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
!!!Sampler Fi!!!
Helping MIXVIBES FORUM being an awsome place
since 2011!

MixVibes People!!! UNITE!!!
BennyB

Postby rhopkins on 28 Dec 2012, 16:45

Smarter wrote:i use soundcloud :)

The people who make music need money to live their lives though. And to buy more equipment to make more interesting music.
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby Smarter on 28 Dec 2012, 18:07

well yeah but playing live is for that :P
ofc i support and buy cd but only if i know that the money goes straight to artist and not to record company
Music is my religion
Smarter

Postby MusicMeister on 28 Dec 2012, 18:34

Personally, I don't have an issue paying for music regardless of where the money goes - as long as the purchase is legal according to the letter of the law. :D

A record company does spend a LOT of money putting the album together, recording time, etc and then promoting the artist. Yes, the artist gets the shaft time and time again - and I promote them whenever possible by attending live shows, buying merchandise and music directly from them whenever possible.

But I don't have a problem buying from a local store either (vinyl/CD/etc) because it keeps the local store in business as well.

That being said, I love finding good tracks in unusual places - I've been a member of eMusic for more than 10 years - all the way back when they were $9.99 a month all you could download and every change since then. I used to get a LOT of indie artist that way... but some of them have disappeared from the site over time, and now it's a pretty big powerhouse since Sony has signed on with many of their artists. It's always been a haven for Jazz though... I've gotten plenty of great Jazz from them over the years - they used to have a large chunk of the Columbia Jazz catalog on there.

There are some great EDM tracks there as well - I've found Donut Junkie and a plenty of others over the years and the prices are reasonable enough I've been able to try out a lot more stuff than I would normally. I used to belong to a 'club' at one record store that after you bought so much stuff you'd get a free CD. I used to use that free CD to pick up an artist I had never heard of and sounded interesting just to see if I might like them. Over the years I discovered a LOT of great music that way.
MusicMeister

Postby Smarter on 31 Dec 2012, 12:51

hmmm just thought how and do the police know if the songs are illegal? or is there music polices or something >.< or is it the clubs owners job?
ofc when i start to play at clubs i play songs that i own but is there any way to tell if its illegal?
just curious

btw any good sites to buy high tempo music? hard-trance-dance, freeform?

and i've wondered why is freeform tracks have about 86bpm? cause it goes well with hard dance which have around 160bpm? or am i just mistaken :D
Music is my religion
Smarter

Postby KevMaverick on 31 Dec 2012, 13:00

Sometimes the software isn't able to scan the bpm properly. Sometimes it halves the actual bpm, other times it might double it! ;)

Your ears will tell you if it's correct or not. :D
Summer is here! Only 4 things we need - cold beer, hot ladies, loud music, and more cold beer!

March 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month

HP Pavilion dv6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2450M
6 GB DDR3 ram
750Gb sata hd
Dual graphics Intel & Radeon
Beats Audio sound system
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
KevMaverick

Postby MusicMeister on 31 Dec 2012, 19:01

Depending on the country, it's easier in some.

For example, in Canada the requirement to purchase an AVLA licnese or obtain music from an AVLA approved source is easy enough to check.

Same for the UK where there's a license you pay annually for a certain number of digital tracks to be used. (I only know the broad strokes on this one).

And I assure you, unless you're extremely diligent, and most pirates aren't, I can find out easily enough if tracks are illegal. Most have tags or other markers to identify their origin - and for most of the illegal distributors it's all about name recognition so they tag the hell out of the tracks.
MusicMeister

Postby eddphones on 17 Jan 2013, 16:10

I find TuneIn Radio good for finding new stuff I would never of found out just by looking. There are thousands of stations that link to other similar stations you may like. Really good website/app.
=========================
ASUS K53SD
I7 Processor
4GB RAM
Windows 8

Mixvibes U-Mix Control Pro 2
=========================
eddphones

Postby aivar00 on 25 Jan 2013, 18:01

Promo Only is best for legal VDJ's, audio side great are:
http://www.mastermixdigital.com
http://www.ultimix.com
http://www.my12inch.com
http://www.beatport.com

There is more, but they are worth check first..

Best,
Aivar
Apple MacBook Pro M2
aivar00

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements