Release of Cross 2.0.1/Sortie de Cross 2.0.1

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Release of Cross 2.0.1/Sortie de Cross 2.0.1

Postby ankh156 on 16 Aug 2012, 07:43

Hello ?

My last post in this topic was submitted yesterday and has since disappeared. I have a controller which no longer communicates with the Cross software. Can I get some 'support' here ? I spent yesterday trying everything, such as reinstalling Mac OS, rigorous tests on disks and and usb connections. The controller shows up in the mac System Profiler, Automap sees it, Logic sees it, even Ableton can see it, but Cross DJ can't see it, although it sees eveything else. I've tried it all alone on a single usb cable direct in the mac's primary usb input, I even disconnected the firewire mixer, reinstalled the firmware 4.2, reinstalled CDJ2 on my mac, tried running CDJ1.7 (which can't see the controller either) - all to no effect and so far with virtually no support. All that remains is to try the software and the controller on another mac, which I will try today. Anybody available to help and advise me out there in Mixvibes land ?

RSVP

au secours !

HELP !
ankh156

Postby Support@MixVibes on 16 Aug 2012, 10:46

Already answered to your previous post, but also been deleted...

The software seems to work, but your controler doesn't. Check into the Audio & MIDI configuration of OSX if the device is seen as a MIDI controler and also as a soudncard.

Probably a faulty unit that crash the software.
Support@MixVibes

Postby ankh156 on 16 Aug 2012, 11:01

Thank you for your reply.

Th unit is seen by mac and various softwares as a soundcard and MIDI scource, just not by Cross DJ.

I'll be trying it on a different mac today.

Should I contact the people who sold it to me and arrange to get the unit changed ?

Support@MixVibes wrote:Already answered to your previous post, but also been deleted...

The software seems to work, but your controler doesn't. Check into the Audio & MIDI configuration of OSX if the device is seen as a MIDI controler and also as a soudncard.

Probably a faulty unit that crash the software.
ankh156

Postby Support@MixVibes on 16 Aug 2012, 11:14

CrossDJ doesn't see the controler : you mean into the MIDI section of the preferences you can't see a tab with the name of the U-Mix Control Pro ?
umcp_midi.JPG

It also should blinking green when using buttons and faders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Support@MixVibes

Postby ankh156 on 16 Aug 2012, 11:23

Support@MixVibes wrote:CrossDJ doesn't see the controler : you mean into the MIDI section of the preferences you can't see a tab with the name of the U-Mix Control Pro ?
umcp_midi.JPG

It also should blinking green when using buttons and faders.

Absolutely right, CDJ's MIDI preferences don't list it as there. On the other hand, it is seen as a MIDI scource by Logic, as a usb device by System Profiler, and as a soundcard by System Preferences -> Sound.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ankh156

Postby Support@MixVibes on 16 Aug 2012, 11:51

Alright to be absolutely shure, can you remove all the devices from the computer, so all the tab into the MIDI preferences become greyed.

Once done, delete them with the [-] button on the upper right.

You should end with this
cross_no_midi.JPG

Now plug in the U-Mix Control Pro.

This procedure should show if there is any conflict between the devices into Cross.
Support@MixVibes

Postby ankh156 on 16 Aug 2012, 14:08

That has worked. I'll keep exprimenting as you suggest and norrow it down to find out exactly what's causing the conflict. At the moment, the most likely suspect is Novation's 'Automap' which organises (automatically the MIDI routing for USB devices and the softwares to which they apply) - luckily there's a manual override. My Novation devices are 'Nocturn' (Logic and Ableton) and 'Launchpad' (Ableton). You should adapt your USB/MIDI driver for the Cross software to avoid this, as Novation USB controllers are good and popular, and more and more people are buying them. (Novation give a full version of Automap with their products for intergrating them with popular softs.)

Thank you for your help, and I'll keep this thread up to date with any findings on conflicts as I make them.

:)

a156

Support@MixVibes wrote:Alright to be absolutely shure, can you remove all the devices from the computer, so all the tab into the MIDI preferences become greyed.

Once done, delete them with the [-] button on the upper right.

You should end with this
cross_no_midi.JPG

Now plug in the U-Mix Control Pro.

This procedure should show if there is any conflict between the devices into Cross.
ankh156

Postby Support@MixVibes on 16 Aug 2012, 14:41

I was pretty sure it was Automap, as Lemur and Darouter also do this.
In fact any application that 'hack' the MIDI inputs/outputs can cause this issue.
Support@MixVibes

Postby Abobaker buba on 31 Aug 2012, 20:48

please guys . how to update it ? by the way i have U-Mix Control Pro !
Abobaker buba

Postby Jim B on 31 Aug 2012, 22:26

Enter your serial number for your Cross/CrossDJ software into your User Control Panel > Profile

ucp.php?i=169

This should enable you to download the latest version of Cross/CrossDJ from your Download Centre

downloads.php

;)
Jim B

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements