Mixvibes Cross

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.

Mixvibes Cross

Postby sofbuc on 07 Sep 2019, 08:21

I have been using it for about 10 months exclusively for video on a win 10 with an I5 and 8gb ram and a 5200rpm hdd.

It has been patched once since I bought it. I used to have crashes here and there before being patched, and the digging I did on the forums led me to believe it was a bug with drag and dropping tracks onto decks would sometimes crash it. I use a mixtrack 2 for it, so I have just switched over to using the file browser controls on the deck instead. Apparently that issues was fixed in the patch, but I have stuck with the deck load buttons by habit mostly.fedloan irs.gov

I mostly encode to Mp4. Sometimes if I use the platter to skip through a video very fast, it seems to lock on a single frame of the video and I have to reload it. Not sure if it's the software or the fact that it is a slow HDD. (been meaning to get an ssd for this machine, but Mebbe I could just run the vids off a usb 3.0 flash drive to avoid the slower read/write speeds? Of the hdd? )

I also notice if I use the hdmi out on my laptop, my framerates aren't steady, but I think this is more of an issue with the files themselves, codecs and what not. I try and use vga outs whenever possibly, and have a vga to hdmi adapter box that seems to eliminate the framerate issues when hdmi is my only option.

If you have any other questions please post, about to leave work and ran outta time.
sofbuc

Return to General Chat