Cross DJ 4 Megathread

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ 4 Megathread

Postby catgoat on 22 May 2019, 00:06

I figure there will be ongoing discussion about the new version, so why not have it happen in a megathread?

I have been working with the demo for a bit now. The wave forms don't animate smoothly. there is about a half second lag between pressing play and a track actually playing.

I enabled video in the options, but i am not seeing the video in the preview windows like in Cross 3. Does the demo allow me to play video as well?

changing the audio settings to windows audio reduced the lag, as well as changing the buffer size. the waveform started moving before the audio would play.

the audio also seems to speed up and slow down on it's own, without me touching a pitch slider. the BPM doesn't change though.

Edit-

Forgot my laptop specs:

core i5 5200u
8gb ram
250gb ssd
1gb hdd
geforce 940m
win 10 64 bit
catgoat

Re: Cross DJ 4 Megathread

Postby RoJeC on 22 May 2019, 09:48

Did not test the demo, but the Pro version has vid working.
You do have to select the vid bar in Menu> View.

For start multiple settings may interfere. Like sync, magnetic link, sync mode (in pref).
I did notice some issue when immediate play after pause, though might have been I misclicked by mouse.

The best audio drivers for DJing are Asio. These have lowest latency options. If you don't have this you can install ASIO4ALL and once installed start Cross, slect it and set it to use your soundcard.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby t0mekk on 22 May 2019, 23:18

Where's CD/Vinyl mode?
Beatmatch area is too small.
Manual not updated.
Interface looks like old one, just dark colors without shading (too flat btw.
Skin/MIDI mapping functionality not explained at all.

You should finish this version before releasing.
t0mekk

Postby FigDJ on 23 May 2019, 21:38

Agree with bigger beatmatcher.

Upon mouse click or holding a jogwheel, the waveform should not go into auto zoom for scratching.

The zoom function on the waveform should not be indivial. It should be a slider to control and affect all parallel waveforms equally.

Pitch sliders should not be in the same area as the waveform.
GUI should display 8 tiles at a time not just 4 for locators, loops and samples.

Must be able to display video and beatmatcher or at least video and parallel waveform at the same time.

Make some kin of tutorial on how to create skins for Cross. Possibly everything that I just mentioned can be fixed just by making that available.

Publish and updated list of MIDI mapping commands as it has been done in the MIDI mapping section of the forum for previous versions of Cross.
FigDJ

Postby Hanginon on 23 May 2019, 22:09

FigDJ wrote:Upon mouse click or holding a jogwheel, the waveform should not go into auto zoom for scratching.

There is a Tick Box in the Config Settings to turn off mouse zoom.

It is absolutely scary watching the extremely jerky wave-forms when using AutoPlay. This is on two Windows 7 laptops - an i3 and an i5. Neither has crashed, but like I said, it looks really spooky.
Hanginon

Postby FigDJ on 23 May 2019, 22:32

[quote="Hanginon]There is a Tick Box in the Config Settings to turn off mouse zoom.[/quote]
Thanks for that answer. Part of the problem ( as mentioned by others in this thread) is that there is not an updated user manual.

With the GUI changed so drastically from previous versions and no manual available, I find myself guessing where the functions are at and how they work.
FigDJ

Postby sfronti on 23 May 2019, 22:33

FigDJ wrote:Agree with bigger beatmatcher.

Upon mouse click or holding a jogwheel, the waveform should not go into auto zoom for scratching.

The zoom function on the waveform should not be indivial. It should be a slider to control and affect all parallel waveforms equally.

Pitch sliders should not be in the same area as the waveform.
GUI should display 8 tiles at a time not just 4 for locators, loops and samples.

Must be able to display video and beatmatcher or at least video and parallel waveform at the same time.

Make some kin of tutorial on how to create skins for Cross. Possibly everything that I just mentioned can be fixed just by making that available.

Publish and updated list of MIDI mapping commands as it has been done in the MIDI mapping section of the forum for previous versions of Cross.

Great commends FigDJ. I agree with all.

Stelios, Greece
July 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
Hp EliteBook
C.P.U: Intel Core I7, 2.0GHz
Ram:16Gb
V.G.A:NVIDIA Quadro 3000M (2Gb ram)
H.D.D1:SSD 500Gb
H.D.D2:SSD 1TB
Soundcard: Esi UDJ6, Audio4 DJ
O.S:Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Mix Vibes: Cross 3.4.3, 3.3.11
Controller:Gemini G4V, U-Mix Pro2, Denon MC3000, Faderfox Dj2,

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
sfronti

Postby daniel clark on 24 May 2019, 00:14

:eek: the realease ver is getting more response and input than the betas :mrgreen:
might as well be a beta ,, or release candidate :cool:
might breakdown and do the file swappie thing ,,just to see a good picture of the gui ,, :idea:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby wintergreen_skunk on 24 May 2019, 04:12

why do i need to spend extra $$ for HID + Vinyl Control in the Pro version 4 UPGRADE , when it came standard with the previous Cross 3.4.3 ?

this is not very cash money of you guys.
wintergreen_skunk

Postby Hanginon on 24 May 2019, 04:25

The extremely jerky wave forms also occur when the Preview Player is turned on.
Hanginon

Next

Return to General Chat