Just bought Cross DJ 4 Beta - some remarks

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Just bought Cross DJ 4 Beta - some remarks

Postby Gid on 28 Mar 2019, 22:35

Hi,

I`m just bought Cross DJ Pro Beta and installed it.

Some questions.

The beatgrid seems not to visualized perfect.
I have good analyzed grids from Cross 3, but in the new version the grid is shown not perfect placed. In all tracks it is visualized a little bit too late. Sync works, with the tracks analyzed with Cross 3, but waht will happen if I analyze a track with Cross 4.

Where is the zoom Icon for the waveform? I want to scale it.

There is no DVS Vinyl set up in the beta, right?

Just checked ist, when I analyze the track again, the beatgrid is different to the grid analyzed before with Cross 3. Then it is visualized correct. So I can`t use the beta. All analyzed beatgrids are imported wrong.
Do I have to analyze all my 3500 tracks again? That is no way. You have to fix this.

That`s it for the first quick test.

When will there be an update, that I can test more?

The different analyzed beatgrids is a showstopper!
Gid

Re: Just bought Cross DJ 4 Beta - some remarks

Postby daniel clark on 28 Mar 2019, 23:13

:eek: some in fo from mixvibes

Hi tb0ne, InRush,

Sorry for the confusion, this new Cross DJ 4 is indeed a new version of Cross DJ and not Cross.

To reiterate, the new version 4 of Cross will be called Cross DJ Pro 4 (in order to unify naming across all versions). There will be an upgrade path from Cross 3.4.3 to Cross DJ Pro 4 available, and it will be made available at a discounted price when Cross DJ Pro 4 launches.

That way you will be able to upgrade from Cross 3.4.3 to the brand new Cross DJ Pro 4 with all the features that you know and love (HID, video mixing, etc.) at a discounted price when the new version is available.

Hope this clarifies things!

a link to full posting
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=39649

check the gen chat fourm for topics related to the new ver beta
also teck support ,,most of your :?: can be answered
:cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Gid on 28 Mar 2019, 23:31

Ok, now I bought Cross DJ Pro 4 Beta, did I have to pay again, when the full version will be released? I thought I will get the full version for free, when it is released.

But one question, will the import of all analyzed tracks I use with Cross 3.4.3. work with the full Cross DJ Pro 4 version. Right now the beatgrid analyzed with Cross 3 didn`t match in Cross DJ Pro 4 Beta.
If I analyze again in Cross DJ 4 Beta it is ok for Cross DJ 4, but it doesn`t match in Cross 3.4.3.
In clubs I want to use Cross 3.4.3. as long as the new Cross DJ Pro 4 will be released.

Both Cross versions use the same collection on my Macbook.

So it`s better I don`t use Cross DJ Pro better right now. I couldn`t test it, when I don`t want to destroy my beatgrids of all 3.500 tracks. Or I should create a new collection for testing?
Gid

Postby daniel clark on 29 Mar 2019, 01:34

:eek: havent been able to open the beta yet ,, it is a concern ,,from past history the difference in version usaly ment starting with a seperate collection ,,or backing up a collection ,, had a collection get destroyed due to useing in new version and reverting back to old ,, kinda took me buy surprise when it started collecting data on the collection ,,hope fully this is a null concern
also one reply from mixvibes about users get the pre order for Cross DJ thinking it was Cross ,,now going to be named Cross pro,,was postive to get a refund ,, got too find the post :eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Gid on 29 Mar 2019, 07:53

Thanks.

Ok, now I understand.
What I bought is the beta of Cross DJ 4, this is not the next version of my Cross 3.4.3.. and Cross DJ 4 will not have DVS Vinyl Control. I have to wait for Cross DJ Pro 4.
Now I have paid for the Cross DJ 4 beta and couldn`t use it. Or even don`t want to have full version of that.

That the analyzed beatgrids in Cross 3 are not compatible with Cross DJ 4 beta is a no go. I hope this is a bug and will be fixed.
Many of the grids are controlled by me and was corrected and set manually, this are tracks from the last 4 years, There are about 3.500 tracks. I don`t want to analyze and control them again in a new version.
This must really be a bug, what does mixvibes say?

I`m very happy with Cross 3, I use it a lot, even in clubs.
I like the rekordbox export to use my tracks on different devices. This works fine.
Gid

Postby Hanginon on 29 Mar 2019, 15:42

Gid wrote:That the analyzed beatgrids in Cross 3 are not compatible with Cross DJ 4 beta is a no go. I hope this is a bug and will be fixed.
Many of the grids are controlled by me and was corrected and set manually, this are tracks from the last 4 years, There are about 3.500 tracks. I don`t want to analyze and control them again in a new version.
This must really be a bug, what does mixvibes say?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Hanginon

Postby TinouCAS on 29 Mar 2019, 17:42

Hi,

A new Beta version is available in the download center.

Among other things, this beatgrid compatibility issue has been fixed.

All users will be notified shortly of this version within Cross.
TinouCAS

Postby Hanginon on 30 Mar 2019, 14:37

TinouCAS wrote:A new Beta version is available in the download center.

A 32 bit version has also been included in this build. Thank you!
Hanginon

Postby Demus1771 on 30 Mar 2019, 15:42

Ok...my 2 cent on the beta I get a lot of crashes when using the sampler or if a file is playing and try to scratch with the mouse. My Traktor 3 collection imported in really great...But some of my collection had auto cue points from Cross 4 as well as my Traktor 3 cue points...But that was random as to what songs did and what didn't I also got crashes on the MIDI learn function as well as just straight MIDI input as well...I was also had drivers issue crashes... until I change my audio card output to 96000hz...44100hz would cause the random crashes. All in all the beta is no bad so far...Also just a personal request is it possible to get a wave display like Engine prime Just the 3 color for bass, mid and high with the option to assign your own the colors base on your eye color palette just as a option, file attached to show...from a few DJ Programs...Flow 8 display is not bad also. I have the beta 4.0 but I don't see any link to the new beta?

Home Studio
AMD TR 1950X
Windows 10 latest
64 GB Ram
Behringer UMC204HD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Demus1771

Postby Hanginon on 30 Mar 2019, 16:18

Demus1771 wrote:I have the beta 4.0 but I don't see any link to the new beta?

Scroll down the Forum for "Download Center", then scroll down to "Private Beta Program".

You might have to enter your V4 Serial Number in your User Profile to see this.
Hanginon

Next

Return to General Chat