hi guy,i have a question,please help me!

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

hi guy,i have a question,please help me!

Postby neymarjr10 on 19 Jun 2018, 10:58

hello!
I am considering the Xone23c for the convenience of its internal soundcard. I'm also fairly frustrated with serato scratch live and would like to try Mixvibes. My question is, once I make the necessary internal connections to enable to Xone23c's DVS capabilities, can I still play regular old vinyl? On my current external soundcard I have to move my RCA outputs from *line to *thru in order to play my vinyl, then back to *line for timecodes. Is there a similar change one must make on the Xone or can I seamlessly switch from vinyl to timecode and back?

Thanks!
neymarjr10

Re: hi guy,i have a question,please help me!

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 23 Jun 2018, 01:22

Hi neymarjr!

This should be possible since Cross DJ has an option to send the DVS input directly to the software (I think it was specifically designed for this purpose). The command is called "Input Mode" and can be found in the Mixer section of the MIDI/Key map page. There will be one Input mode command for each possible deck (A,B,C,D in Cross, I believe with Cross LE there will only be 2).

Anyway, this command disables the deck in Cross and will route the incoming DVS signal directly to the corresponding mixer channel, allowing you to play vinyl through Cross and use the built in FX (these might not work the best since the BPM info will be unknown by Cross)

Let me know if you end up going this route and need help getting things setup!

All the best,
Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Return to General Chat