Cross update

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross update

Postby cubase on 23 May 2018, 12:30

hi fellas just wonderin that am i the one who waitin update for Cross for new products speacly for cdj 2000 nxs 2 ?
cubase

Re: Cross update

Postby Mike Maltais on 03 Aug 2018, 04:52

You are not the only one... And I think will never see a update for that. They put too much energy on App.
Mike Maltais

Postby Hanginon on 03 Aug 2018, 13:16

From Louis-Pierre Baudry, over one year ago -
"Like some other software developers did in their own time, we have chosen to concentrate our resources on new products for some time. As you rightly pointed out, creating mobile versions and new software while continuing to improve Cross Mac/PC is quite challenging and this is why we had to postpone the release of a new major version.

That said, Cross 4 is still in the work so the upside is that there is still time to integrate the feature requests submitted on the forum. I will double-check with our team that our bug fix/feature request list is up-to-date and includes everything that has been mentioned there. You can also let me know if there are any additional/major concerns you'd like to highlight."

From the Mixvibes Team, 7 months ago-
"At this time Mixvibes has no official answer on the development of Cross/Cross DJ for Mac and PC. It is not actively in development but also not unsupported and not dead. Since I am the weekend support and have a weekly meeting with the rest of the team, and as of last week Cross development was brought back up and might possibly become active again. However, I cannot say when or if this will actually happen."

From Eric Guez, 4 months ago -
"no Cross DJ desktop is not dead, we are planning to start the beginning for a new update next week i will send a message to the forum as soon as the dev team will be ready and the feature list will be defined."

These are communications I've had with Mixvibes on DJWORX's forum, Yahoo email, and Facebook Messenger. On this official Mixvibes Forum, even though many of us have asked the same question as you, not a peep - take from it what you will. Bottom line, it is now almost 3 years since an update, and they are behind the curve in a very competitive market...and IMHO, if nothing happens soon, I'd assume they have given up with the PC/Mac version. If that comes true, the only hope for continued development is if they sell it off, or Open Source it.
Hanginon

Postby Jim B on 04 Aug 2018, 18:04

All I can tell you, and this has been passed down through a Team Support member of MixVibes in higher part of the forum is that the Development is (whether the whole team or a couple of members of it are now) back working on an update for Cross or a new version of it.

The timescale was vague but after the success of all Mixvibes mobile apps and such like, I think Mixvibes can release more time to work on Cross

:cool:
Jim B

Return to General Chat