Good News/Bad News

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Good News/Bad News

Postby cacao on 19 Feb 2018, 23:51

daniel clark wrote::idea: some where in thease speculations lies the truth ,,
looked at the pricing for rekord box DJ.. and to get the vid functions ,,twice the totasl price of Cross at full price :eek:

The price is higher because you are the "Pioneer".
As the word says : p i o n e e r.
You can't sell a controller for 600-1000-1500€ and software for 50-100€.
All the things that we asked in the forum they put them in recordbox.
We talk about it and we "blame" them for that because Pioneer wrote about them. About the develop, the design, the improve.
Last one:
Its better for them to work for colossus and pay them every month, from trying to keep they own business. ;) ;) ;)
MIXVIBES Product: Cross
Model Identifier: MacBookPro
cacao

Postby Stormcaller on 01 Apr 2018, 15:19

Tried Rekordbox, cue point behaviour sucks (can't cue point juggle on a stopped deck), MIDI mapping has no shift button supports.

Tried Serato DJ Pro (my controller activates it), only works if I haul the interface around everywhere and won't output audio through CDJs (I HID mode a lot),

Tried Traktor and the library management is beyond useless.

Cross is my perfect workflow, and the graphics are starting to stutter on High Sierra, so I'm worried about it stopping working on future versions of MacOS. I've already been in a situation where the CDJs at the gig were too new to support it too. Hopefully one of the other 3 will get their act together before it becomes unusable.

I honestly think we won't see any future development because very few people use this software, although someone did tell me it's more popular in the latin music scene. A part of me holds out hope but Mixvibes has to do what they have to do.
Stormcaller

Postby Hanginon on 01 Apr 2018, 20:42

Like you, I tried them all and I always came back to Cross DJ. I consider it, although not perfect, to be a truly great piece of software - which is why I have been so vocal over what looks like it's demise.

I'd suggest also looking at these threads for additional insight into this.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=38840
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=38811

Perhaps it will someday be a good history lesson as to what happens when a company abandons it's core users. Even if they pull a "rabbit out of the hat trick", IMHO too much momentum has now been lost. :redface:
Hanginon

Previous

Return to General Chat