In defense of Mixvibes ...

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

In defense of Mixvibes ...

Postby DJ Vintage on 02 Nov 2016, 10:32

Lots has been said about the (absence of) next major Cross upgrade. And - just to be sure - rightfully so.

I was answering some posts on another DJ forum today though and suddenly realized something.

When I moved to Cross because my (then) controller wasn't supported by Serato and I wanted to leave Traktor, Traktor had been on version 2 since I got my controller a year and a half before. I then moved to Cross which went from 2.4 or so to 3.11 in the following period.

But Traktor is still on the version 2, with the only significant upgrade the addition of STEMS, which imho is interesting to a part of the community but certainly not to all DJs.

Meanwhile Mixvibes has produced several other pieces of DJ software, like the first serious Android, a quick experiment with a Linux version and of course things like the (apparently) popular Remix Live. Definitely more new things to come out of Mixvibes than out of the Traktor kitchen imho.

So, while - like many of you - I am anxiously awaiting a new Cross version, which will solve a few longstanding user feature requests and hopefully add some brilliant new stuff as well (full integration of Remix Live?), I felt I had to say something in defense of the development team at Mixvibes who have not been sitting on the couch picking their noses. Even if the choices they made aren't the ones I would have like to see.

Hopefully with all these new products now launched we can get back to Cross 4 development :D
DJ Vintage

Re: In defense of Mixvibes ...

Postby RoJeC on 02 Nov 2016, 11:09

amen to that.

Also has to be considered that the direction to explore 64bit is making it a challenge. With 3.3 it was started by rewriting the code to make full benefit. However it would be impossible for mixvibes to provide new functions (like new FX) by writing it all themselves. So exploring exploring and testing new components is time consuming. Meanwhile revenue is required as Cross users don't pay manual/annual 'subscription/maintenance fees'.

The (pre)alpha that was tested some time ago made mv likely decide to take a step back to the drawing board to reconsider some of the design changes. I would still give it a bigger chance to have a new 4 soon than another dot release..
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby UncleVibes on 02 Nov 2016, 11:21

Hopefully with all these new products now launched we can get back to Cross 4 development

Now RemixLive is on all platform, mobile or laptop/desktop
A huge work done.
Yes we keep in mind that Cross DJ PC/OSX needs at last a good refresh and Cross DJ iOS / Android new features.
It's on our planning to move forward.
UncleVibes

Postby John Wo_O on 03 Nov 2016, 22:38

I think it's all been down to communication and communication by the team has been poor to relieve people's concerns.

I understand that they don't want to talk about new features, roadmaps or timeline with us, but just a little message once in a while can go a long way, especially when users start speculating why control vinyls are becoming hard to find (just an example...) So, please don't neglect the community...
John Wo_O

Postby iwaiwa on 13 Nov 2016, 20:36

recommendation:

do a mailing / poll to all MixVibes Cross users:

MixVibes would like to move forward with a version 4 for (desktop/laptop) Cross (PC/Mac), but MixVibes, as a company, needs revenues to maintain a product line. Currently things have been going great with million of users/purchasers of the iOS and Android apps to justify those efforts, progress, improvements and updates for Cross DJ and ReMixLive on iOS/Android platforms.

Would it be OK if we charge 1/2 price (or 24.99) for a version 4 of Cross on PC/Mac ?

MixVibes needs economic incentive/justification to put time/energy into a reliable and exciting Version 4 of Cross for PC/Mac

If the poll gets a resounding Yes, then there would be existing user backing/voting/permission/justification so that everyone understands that a Cross PC/Mac version 4 release will have an upgrade fee (to continue the product line on PC/Macs)

Of course: Version 4 being Touch Screen enabled (with an optimized template view) with Windows 10 (and no need for a controller) would be one big announcement. (touch one deck allows a full screen view and control)

I tested Cross DJ 3.3 on a WIn 10 touchable laptop, and lots of the functions already worked and were super cool. (thus: no need to have to purchase and lug a hardware controller for non-pro users).
iwaiwa

Return to General Chat