up and coming Grime scene

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

up and coming Grime scene

Postby Grimescene on 05 Jul 2016, 08:21

Yoooo, I am new at this forum business so bare with me. I have not long started to DJ, to be honest rooky at best. My friend is teaching me the ways at the minute and I am loving it! I have a Pioneer DJ RMX 500 remix station, witch is doing the job but I feel like I am not getting any further with it. now I want to upgrade get something abit bigger, like the studio DJ mixer DJM-800 / CDJ-1000 or the studio master mixer p7 Has anyone had any experience with these productsr?? Is it worth upgrading or staying with what I have?? And finally will it help me improve giving me more availability to sounds and actions?
Thanks
shanks
Grimescene

Re: up and coming Grime scene

Postby Stormcaller on 09 Jul 2016, 18:46

Its probably not worth it to have them at home, but what you learn on controllers works on CDJs the same way, pretty much. Being able to export from Cross to Rekordbox is a godsend when you do play out though. Just don't do what I did and have FLAC files in your playlist, because the newer CDJs support it, so Rekordbox syncs them to your USBs now, but the older CDJs still try to read them and fail. It gets very confusing very fast and you don't need that kind of hassle when you're in the mix.
Stormcaller

Return to General Chat