Did Mixvibes forget Cross updates???

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Did Mixvibes forget Cross updates???

Postby DJ Vintage on 16 Apr 2017, 20:38

While I don't know the exact size of the Mixvibes company, I think it is safe to say they are not in the Pioneer/InMusic/Traktor/Atomix category.

Also, where in the past they could be dedicated to just Cross on PC/Mac, they branched out to iDevices and Android (in fact the first truely workable DJ app for Android). So that increased the amount of places to work on, with - I suspect - no or little increase in staff.

Then they came up with RemixLive and RemixVideo, all for Mac/PC/iDevice and Android. And granted, it seems those are doing very well.

So, it's not to surprising that development of a new Cross version has been moved to the back-burner.

Am I happy about it? No. Do I feel there is a burning platform for them when it comes to supporting all this great new gear coming out? No.

I get it, yet at the same time it would be nice to inform the user-base of their plans.

Mixvibes is great software that certainly until recently compared favorably to other mainstream DJ software. But new software has entered that market and existing software has improved itself more than Cross has. It is also software that is sold at a very very competitive price. And since I bought it at version 2.4 or so, I have never had to pay for any upgrades.

Now, you don't need a major in economic studies to understand that this is a business model that is not gonna sustain you for long. Only way to get new money in is through new users. Existing users don't bring in any more money! So, as a company, where are you getting the money for further development?

It's no wonder that a lot of competitors are either raising prices (lifetime license for VDJ is a lot of money), making money selling key features as paid packs and/or moving to a subscription model where you pay a small amount every month and in return get the full product with all the features and free updates/upgrades. One particular company uses their own DJ software to help sell their own hardware (actually two of them do now), by giving away full version of it instead of the LE/Lite/Intro versions you get with many controllers.

So, yes, I get it. Doesn't mean that situation should continue though. Hopefully steps are being taken behind the scenes to pick up further Cross development now the other new products have come to market. It would indeed be nice to hear something on the issue from official Mixvibes representatives.

Just my 2 cents as usual.
DJ Vintage

Postby FigDJ on 17 Apr 2017, 15:02

RoJeC wrote:We may all be wishing for more, but the last update is 'only' 5 months ago. Maybe not major but for sure significant change by adding Ableton link into the Cross software. To me this shows they didn't give up Cross yet.
As they marketed as a dot release and not a major itś pretty likely more is upcoming as else they could've marketed this modification of the master clock for a longer period in time.

Hey Ronald

I know where you are coming from and I agree. However, with the current state of support here in the forum and the lack updates (Please see note)) I don't have a rational argument to support Cross to other DJs and/or potential customers when compared to other software packages out there.

Note; Yes, the last update was 5 months ago but before that it was 2014, the update should have contained much more.
FigDJ

Postby Di Rossi on 18 Apr 2017, 12:08

I still think that was issues to resolve...The interface need upgrade to be more like the new products ...The interaction between the new products...The FX zone is a must see for ages...In sum up Cross need a freshing up or a facelift per say...I know for sure they have the tools, the new software tell that, but did they have the time?!
I read in a post about the financial care, so is not so crazy to say that a new version/facelift should be pay like a residual upgrade value!!!
Di Rossi

Previous

Return to General Chat