Did Mixvibes forget Cross updates???

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Did Mixvibes forget Cross updates???

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 19 Sep 2016, 14:03

Hello guys,
Sorry for the wait, something is definitely coming. I understand that this wait is annoying but rest assured that we still listen and make everything we can to ship something at some point. It is not always easy, yet we really want to continue shipping great products and will try to do so in the future.
Thanks again for your continuous support.
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Postby chriskazzi on 20 Feb 2017, 16:10

Hello Guys,

Please advise if there is a mapping for Pioneer XDJ RX, i have been working on Cross for almost 4 years and i don't wish to move to Rekordbox DJ.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Chris
chriskazzi

Postby Stormcaller on 20 Mar 2017, 22:46

Not to my knowledge. Pioneer won't let 3rd parties support their proprietary HID mode stuff unless they cut some kind of deal with them, and they are extremely reluctant to do that because they want people to buy their software. The fatter cats with bigger claws have managed to make a compelling argument to them so it isn't an impossibility, and who knows what the future will bring.

I recommend bringing USBs to gigs where you know there will be XDJs or Nexus 2s. Exporting to rekordbox is still Cross' party piece.
Stormcaller

Postby FigDJ on 13 Apr 2017, 15:59

Another six months and nothing on Cross. Hmmmm! Not good.

In the meantime all other software packages are catching up and in several areas have surpassed Cross capabilities.

Just recently Djay for Windows was released. This is the only DJ software that allows you to share track metadata (cue points loop, BPM, grid, key) and controller maps across all platforms (iOS, MAC, Android,Windows).

IMHO until Mixvibes can deliver track metadata and controller maps across platforms everything but Cross (all iOS and Android apps)are just toys.

Again IMHO Cross had the chance to become a big player in the pro DJ arena. However, it appears as if it has been abandoned.
FigDJ

Postby djdubc on 13 Apr 2017, 19:27

I agree......not good and also.....I am surprised that there are no teams dedicated to each product so this issue will not happen........I mean that's the common sense way of doing it. :!: :!:
MacBook Pro 9,2 (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Intel core i5-3210M @ 2.5 GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Intel HD 4000 1536
750GB SSHD 7200RPM
macOS CATALINA 10.5.7
Mixvibes Cross 3.4.3
djdubc

Postby benny_blanco_cross on 14 Apr 2017, 19:08

Same feeling here,
it remind me of the last days of mixvibes DVS (rip), when mixvibes kept on promising it won't be dead until Cross came to the same level of features, then promised a last update, and we never saw a proper instaler for the mixvibes Ultimate for registered users...
And if you had to this the mood in the forum for some years (no more real staff posting, all the answering left to benevol moderators (no direspect for you guys), and some crazyness with the ''team mixvibes account'' some months ago)...
we are now far from ''an app for djs, by djs.
i think i'll send flowers for the burrial
peace
benny_blanco_cross

Postby daniel clark on 15 Apr 2017, 01:37

:neutral: yes remember the last days of DVS Ultimate ,,and it was as you said ,,sad thing about it that there was still unsold copies of it being purched years later ,,as far as Cross ,,hoping and waiting ,, but still breathing :mrgreen: my use of Cross is just a pastime ,,so i dont feel it the same way as a still out there dee jay ,,kinda been peeking at the other software and the only thing appeals would be rekord box ,,and not planning on switching up ,, dont need to spend the monie and time to set it back all up..
have been persistant to get some sort of back ground support for issues that the mods cant handel ,, motions are being made ,,
soo all i can do is sit back and watch ,, and take my turn on the self licking ice cream cone
:mrgreen:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Hanginon on 15 Apr 2017, 05:45

Did Mixvibes forget Cross updates???

In a word....YES!
Hanginon

Postby FigDJ on 15 Apr 2017, 14:00

I don't think that Mixvibes forgot. I think they made a choice and also chossed not to relay that fact. In my opinion they're being greedy to get the money from newcomers that don't know any better and unfair to those users that are now stuck with software that won't be supported much less move forward.
FigDJ

Postby RoJeC on 16 Apr 2017, 01:48

We may all be wishing for more, but the last update is 'only' 5 months ago. Maybe not major but for sure significant change by adding Ableton link into the Cross software. To me this shows they didn't give up Cross yet.
As they marketed as a dot release and not a major itś pretty likely more is upcoming as else they could've marketed this modification of the master clock for a longer period in time.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat