Christmas update

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Christmas update

Postby haga46 on 27 Jan 2016, 13:00

RoJeC wrote:I'd better cut down my hours at the forum... Just like all moderators I'm 'just a user'.
The mixvibes forum has always been 'user driven'. In the past some there was more presence of MV. Part of this was caused by the necessity to get details form users when an issue occurred. Nowadays more can be resolved by using smarter debug tools and shared usage data.

Regarding new developments it's always a challenge to explore new roads (e.g. new true 64-bit solutions) when you try to be (stay) ahead (again)...

Sorry my bad RoJeC thought you were an official.
Bud if you, Daniel and FigDJ would stop your support this forum would be dead and buried, i thank you all for your dedication :cool:
haga46

Postby John Wo_O on 27 Jan 2016, 17:07

I think MV is dropping Cross for Mac/PC in favor of the mobile apps. I could be wrong, I want to be, but every day that goes by, and no sign of an upcoming update, seems to confirm it.

Thank you to the users who are holding the fort in the mean time.
John Wo_O

Postby HawnSolo on 27 Jan 2016, 20:29

Looks like Pioneer unveiled there DVS update at namm. Potentially with serato and traktor vinyl support, I wonder if they'll have Cross vinyl support as well?

I'm still waiting to see what mixvibes is up to, but rekordbox is starting to look more and more enticing.

Part of me thinks that most of the new rekordbox's appeal is that it's just a reverse engineered version of Cross with some serato-esq features added in.
HawnSolo

Postby RoJeC on 27 Jan 2016, 23:35

For me some of the disadvantages are that it is subscription based and I get the impression that they may want to use information in the collection.
I would still prefer solutions that work when I need it and no (potential) future request and tracks mentioned in the collection.
I really wouldn't want to see all time spend to preping and listing gone because I don't feel like DJing for a while and end the subscription temporary.

In my opinion MV going mobile was needed, but I definitely don't think any of the mobile devices could replace mac/win DJ program(s).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby daniel clark on 28 Jan 2016, 00:11

RoJeC wrote:.

In my opinion MV going mobile was needed, but I definitely don't think any of the mobile devices could replace mac/win DJ program(s).

:lol: the mobile app for android is pretty neet ,,only limited by hardware disadvantages ,,
part of what i think mv doctrine was to be able to use any hardware with the software ,, pretty hard task with just sc ,,then add different MIDI devices ,,on top of two ,,maybe three different os ,,and their updated versions ,, so the task was exceptional to try to fit one software to all the different mobile devices ,so it a well accomplished task ,, and it introduces new users to the world of music mixing from those that just dabble to those getting the love of djaying and persueing it futher :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 28 Jan 2016, 01:24

RoJeC wrote:For me some of the disadvantages are that it is subscription based and I get the impression that they may want to use information in the collection.

They also sell a non subscription license. The subscription license is just an option.
FigDJ

Postby DJ Vintage on 29 Jan 2016, 10:38

Well ... the new 10 second teaser video, while intriguing, does not bode well for us Mac/PC users as it seems like some kind of sampler on a tablet/smartphone?

Whatever it is, is sure doesn't look like the arrival of Mixvibes 4.0.

I was thinking back to when I got my first MV, I believe 2.4 or so. In the next year we moved several 2.x version, then 3.x. And then the flow became a trickle and another year later we are still in the 3.x versions.

Just to say I do understand the concern many have about the company moving forward with our favorite DJ software.
And the question that has been asked:
"Is this the silence before the storm (a great new revolutionary 4.0 around the corner) or the company focussing on other things (like the new vid shows) or perhaps just the beginning of the end?"

Who knows, but I suspect the answer(s) can't be all that far in the future.
DJ Vintage

Postby sfronti on 29 Jan 2016, 13:12

I think that all of us has the same thoughts and questions as DJ Vintage. At least I am thinking exactly the same.

Stelios, Greece
July 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
Hp EliteBook
C.P.U: Intel Core I7, 2.0GHz
Ram:16Gb
V.G.A:NVIDIA Quadro 3000M (2Gb ram)
H.D.D1:SSD 500Gb
H.D.D2:SSD 1TB
Soundcard: Esi UDJ6, Audio4 DJ
O.S:Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Mix Vibes: Cross 3.4.3, 3.3.11
Controller:Gemini G4V, U-Mix Pro2, Denon MC3000, Faderfox Dj2,

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
sfronti

Postby daniel clark on 30 Jan 2016, 00:44

:lol: he did express some concerns thought by all :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 01 Feb 2016, 22:59

The following are not my words, but a loose translation that is slightly paraphrased for better understanding from a post made in Spanish from DJ Mel Cervantes .

Last year Cross DJ was last updated and since then nothing new has come out. It is no secret that Mixvibes is behind Rekordbox DJ, but if you are going to spend time on this software leave forgotten your direct users, perhaps a non support announcement is due
so we don't wait expecting further improvements.
Cross is now starting to lagging behind other comparable DJ programs .
Mixvibes seem to be dedicated to update the versions of Android and iOS, but what happens to Cross PC/MAC users?
We were getting regular updates since version 2, then comes Rekordbox and Cross stagnated.
Are there going to be updates to Cross or should I take the silence as a suble hint to migrate towards Rekordbox?

he has some valid points. While is not official that Mixvibes had anything to do with the new Rekordbox. I had personally pelled the code layers apart on that program (reverse-engineering) and it is way too similar to Cross.

I know there is a theory floating around that stated that Pioneer reverse-engineering Cross and added some Serato features. that also is very possible.

Main question remains. Is Cross dead?
FigDJ

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat