Christmas update

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Christmas update

Postby John Wo_O on 02 Feb 2016, 15:34

In a way that would explain why the development for Cross PC/Mac is slow but I'm still not sure that MV is behind the new Rekordbox. When the first installment came out, it was clear and it was even said that MV was behind it but for the next version, it was also said that MV was not behind it. I don't know. I think I would want for them to be developing Rekordbox DJ, that would mean a steady flow of $...

Preparing for the worse (but hoping for the best) I reinstalled Traktor to get reacquainted :P
John Wo_O

Postby FigDJ on 02 Feb 2016, 16:02

I am very anxious about this situation. In my oppinion is not looking good.

I posted the question on wether Cross is dead. The fact that there has been no official reaction is very troubling.

Even looking at the state of this forum is very troubling.
How long ago was the Karma system was taken down from the forum? Yet in the teaser post from Mixivibes the links to read the karma rules are all there. Even in the rules the old reward system is listed.
That just shows to me a degree of abandonment which makes me very uncomfortable.

I poured time an effort in preparing all my track with Cross and dedicated many hours helping fellow DJ with technical problems (mostly MIDI mappings). I hope I am very wrong but right now I feel abandoned. I get the feeling that I wasted my time and effort in another software product that while is great and it could be #1 in the market, it may have fell out sync with current developments and now it doesn't show signs of having a good future.
FigDJ

Postby haga46 on 02 Feb 2016, 16:22

FigDJ wrote:I am very anxious about this situation. In my oppinion is not looking good.
The fact that there has been no official reaction is very troubling.

Even looking at the state of this forum is very troubling.
How long ago was the Karmasystem was taken down from the forum? Yet in the teaser post from Mixivibes the links to read the karma rules are all there. Even in the rules the old reward system is listed.
That just shows to me a degree of abandonment which makes me very uncomfortable.

while is great and it could be #1 in the market, it may have fell out sync with current developments and now it doesn't show signs of having a good future.

I'm with you FigDj.
The lack of response on this topic justifies my option to buy a second option, I'm still hoping there will be an update and more supported controllers in the future.

But @ this point ...
haga46

Postby Stormcaller on 02 Feb 2016, 19:24

It isn't over until the fat lady drops a sweet vocal, but MV have suddenly gone from having the best support in the business to being almost completely silent.

There is a very real possibility they are NDA'd, and are unable to talk to us.

The rumour mill in this forum is grinding. Words have a power to them, and rumour alone can kill a product even if MV had no intention of doing so themselves. The best option is to wait and see what happens. Even if the worst does happen our software will still work long enough for us to migrate to something else while swearing a lot, so we might as well hope for the best that MV is about to release an update that'll make Serato's head explode and sphincter collapse.
Stormcaller

Postby FigDJ on 02 Feb 2016, 20:08

I am with Stormcaller, I am truly hoping for the best.

However, think about this.

I signed NDAs with Mixvibes regarding iOS apps and the Cross and Cross DJ versions for PC/MAC. Would I be making post like my recent ones if I had even a hint?
FigDJ

Postby John Wo_O on 02 Feb 2016, 21:01

they wouldn't be breaking any NDA by telling us that development is still going on and that an update is in the pipeline.

We don't know to hear what or when, only if.
John Wo_O

Postby rhopkins on 04 Feb 2016, 10:33

So taking the topic on a slight tangent, do the U-Mix Control Pro and Pro 2 work with Serato etc? Do they just have to be mapped?
MacBook Pro - 15" (Mid 2014)
2.2Ghz Processor
16GB RAM

U-Mix Control Pro 2
Cross 3.3.10
rhopkins

Postby sfronti on 04 Feb 2016, 11:12

I don't know about serato but they work fine with traktor and virtual DJ.

Stelios, Greece
July 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
Hp EliteBook
C.P.U: Intel Core I7, 2.0GHz
Ram:16Gb
V.G.A:NVIDIA Quadro 3000M (2Gb ram)
H.D.D1:SSD 500Gb
H.D.D2:SSD 1TB
Soundcard: Esi UDJ6, Audio4 DJ
O.S:Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Mix Vibes: Cross 3.4.3, 3.3.11
Controller:Gemini G4V, U-Mix Pro2, Denon MC3000, Faderfox Dj2,

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
sfronti

Postby tb0ne on 04 Feb 2016, 12:33

It's very silent, time to look for alternatives... :neutral:
tb0ne

Postby Stormcaller on 04 Feb 2016, 13:07

rhopkins wrote:So taking the topic on a slight tangent, do the U-Mix Control Pro and Pro 2 work with Serato etc? Do they just have to be mapped?

Nope, Serato only works with Serato approved audio interfaces. The upshot is, if you are using pro grade gear, is the interface itself is the DRM for the software, which you download for free, and having the interface connected is what unlocks the software.

You can map the controls to do things in Serato but you can't use the audio connections within Serato. One option is to get a dedicated Serato interface like an SL2, and use that for audio only, but there really is no point when you can just get Traktor or VDJ instead, or sell the U-Mix and put that money towards a Serato controller.

The downside of Traktor is if you want to use DVS. Like Serato that needs a special audio interface, which comes with a special version of Traktor that only works with that interface.

Whatever Pioneer is doing, it seems to only work on Pioneer gear, so I can't speak for it. As far as I know you can't MIDI map in it, and I don't know whether they will support other controllers in the future.
Stormcaller

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat