Getting a new DJ controller for 2015

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Getting a new DJ controller for 2015

Postby Diskized on 02 May 2015, 00:13

Hello Everyone.

It has been a long while since I last posted on the forums. I am here again to ask about a recommendation for a controller. I recently purchased an iPad and Id love to use that for those small parties that require some music. Id also like to continue using my computer for for larger scale gigs that need some more flair. My question is this: What would be the best DJ controller that would work for both Cross DJ for iOS and for Cross DJ for PC.

I am really looking at two controllers right now.

Reloop Beatpad
(Would it be worth saving up money now to buy the Reloop Beatpad 2 which comes out in July?)

Pioneer DDJ Wego 3

If anyone has any suggestions about other controllers or has some personal experience with either of these that would be great. My goal would be to have almost a live setup. Maybe play some songs on the controller and then play alongside them with an electric piano or something. Not totally sure what I want to do yet, but its time to move on from my Torq Xponent (does not work the best with Cross).

Thanks again everyone!
Diskized

Re: Getting a new DJ controller for 2015

Postby daniel clark on 02 May 2015, 00:31

:cool: not familiar with the reloop beatpad 2 ,, ,,came across this irigpads ,, compatible with iPad and PC/mac ,, gonna start playing around with this to replace my akai mpd18 ,, :cool:
ohh and welcome back :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby DJ Vintage on 02 May 2015, 08:06

My personal favorite iPad implementation is still the Numark iDJ Pro. Unfortunately it has never caught the attention of the Mixvibes development team and probably never will.

A shame as the way the iPad is integrated IN (and not hanging somewhat precariously at the back of) the unit is the way to go. It provides a solid touch platform (all other options kind "bounce and move" under your fingers when you want to do any kind of touch activity) and the unit is firmly protected. Nobody can lean on your laptop, knock it out of it's perch, reach the connector to accidentally or intentionally disconnect the iPad. But that is just my personal opinion.

At this time I think I'd go for the Beatpad 2. I saw it up close at the Frankfurt show two weeks back and as controllers go, this one seems to pack all the features you might want, allows both iPad and USB support. Clearly mapping with Cross (PC/Mac) is something I don't know about.

The WeGo I thoroughly dislike, the buttons all packed together around the jog, too much chance of accidentally hitting the wrong button, too small cue/play buttons. In general not a lay-out I would go for. Again, just my personal two cents. Also no performance pads.
DJ Vintage

Postby UncleVibes on 02 May 2015, 11:12

Pioneer DDJ Wego 3
Mapping ready next update on Android and PC / Mac
I don't know for iOS
UncleVibes

Postby Diskized on 05 May 2015, 05:36

Apologies for the late response. Thanks to everyone for their contributions! Great ideas all around. First question:

Does anybody have any experience with either, the Reloop Beatpad, Pioneer DDJ Wego 3, or the Numark iDJ pro?

Im really leaning toward the Reloop Beatpad now (just because it will be cheaper once the new one comes out).

Any other suggestions for controllers? Also, will the controllers I have listed get mappings or do they already have mappings for Cross DJ (Both iOS and PC).

Thanks Again!
Diskized

Postby Diskized on 06 May 2015, 06:51

Ok so I feel like I've whittled it down to two controllers...

Reloop Beatpad 2

Gemini G4V

If I could get some input on both controllers as to experience that people have had with them that would be wonderful. I know the Reloop Beatpad 2 has not come out yet but if someone has the first one and would like to share some thoughts it would be much appreciated.
Diskized

Postby DJ Vintage on 06 May 2015, 13:23

Oh, easy choice.

Reloop over Gemini 200% of the time. Not even a close call.

The quality of build and (company) support don't compare in favor of Reloop.

Just my opinion of course.
DJ Vintage

Postby Diskized on 07 May 2015, 06:07

Ok well Im most likely going to buy the Reloop Beatpad 2 once it come out. That being said, any chance of it getting a mapping in the future for both Cross DJ iOS and PC?
Diskized

Return to General Chat