Mom with equip questions for daughter with disabilities

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Mom with equip questions for daughter with disabilities

Postby RoJeC on 13 Feb 2015, 12:41

Could you please explain 'trach'. Tried to find a translation so I could understand, but didn't manage to find it. [edit, thanks stormcaller]

It seems to me the understanding is shifting towards one another.
It is good to know that you are involved in preparing the 'playlist of the set'.

Your understanding of mixing isn't wrong, but it can be used more simple. Use 2 (or 4) decks at the same time is just one way. The basic concept is that a single deck represents a 'CD/DVD' player with a single track. So you can use it with one deck if you like, split second loading a new track can be done in the same deck.

A 2nd deck helps to smoothen transitions by starting a next track before current track ends. So a kind of playlist without pause between tracks.

On top of this basic DJ's (can) build their sound by creating loops, adding effects, using locators to jump in tracks, etc.

A technical big difference between audioplayers and DJ software is that DJ software doesn't stream, but has all loaded tracks in memory. This makes it possible to do the 'tricks' within milliseconds.

By this I still think stepping into DJ controller and software is a workable solution. It seems to fit the current wishes and using 2 decks might open up a learning path which provides way more than can be done with most audio players.

BTW equalizer in most DJ software is limited to High /Mid/ Low.

I definitely don't mean to say this is the solution, just as a step in challenging mother (and daughter).
My guess would be that learning to use sliders will come through the ears... (like pitch, volume). In the end a dial is just rotating instead of lineair slider.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Stormcaller on 13 Feb 2015, 13:05

"Trach" is short for tracheotomy. It means that she has had surgery to give her a port in her neck to breathe through, that can easily be connected to ventilators without needing to be intubated, at the cost of not being able to speak without a special valve being attached to it.
Stormcaller

Postby daniel clark on 13 Feb 2015, 13:31

:cool: Hello :mrgreen: Applaud you in your efforts,i am sitting in the back ground watching and thinking :mrgreen:

trying to determine if this is going to solve the issue of being board/lack of intrest :idea:

suggest downloading Cross free,, get familiar with its operation ,,pleanty of help standing by to get you familiar,, set up a playlist of her favorite song ,, use the software to malitipulate the songs to her liking ,, if she shows intrest in this then the effort is worth while,
the software probly has a selection of effects and also pitch controls to duplicate the sounds and maltuplation shes is enjoying ,,plus if she has a uncanny ability to sync beats in her head the this might intrest her to use the monitoring and mixing aspect to futher her enjoyment :cool: not shure if my meaning is coming across clearly,, but willing tohelp to see your baby girl smile and give her the oppunity to :mrgreen: keep making the music :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby ltstangel on 16 Feb 2015, 02:19

Hi guys! just wanted you to know I haven't gotten lost. It's just been a busy few days. I'll be back in touch as soon as I can. My appreciation for the art of DJing has blown through the roof! I'm amazed at what you guys do!You're awesome!
ltstangel

Postby daniel clark on 16 Feb 2015, 02:27

ltstangel wrote:Hi guys!

My appreciation for the art of DJing has blown through the roof! I'm amazed at what you guys do!You're awesome!

:idea: our passion for making the music is as un brideled as your daughters ,, hope we can help :!: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby RoJeC on 18 Feb 2015, 15:01

Glad we didn't frighten you with the info. Take the time you need to give it a thought.

Could you maybe provide an indication of where you live. Worse case no one lives around, but might be someone living next block is a Cross user... Or a DJ on the road.. might be willing to volunteer to show the options...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Previous

Return to General Chat