Which controller need a mapping for Cross in 2015

All you need to know about MixVibes.
Forum rules
Click here to join MIxvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Which Controller need an official Cross DJ mapping?

Pioneer WEGO3
10%
Pioneer DDJ-SR
15%
Pioneer DDJ SX2
28%
Pioneer XDJ-1000
20%
Numark NV
15%
Reloop BeatMix 4
8%
Reloop BeatPad
4%

Total votes : 262

Re: Which controller need a mapping for Cross in 2015

Postby Palkin on 13 Apr 2015, 23:12

daniel clark wrote:
Palkin wrote:
Can't connect Cross DJ for android. Error: the connected device is unknown

Sorry for my English

english is not bad ,,didnt fully understand :mrgreen:

I want to connect a Pioneer DJ ergo + Cross DJ (Android app) using usb otg. If the connection fails, only supported Pioneer ddj sb and wego2. So my controller is not supported?
Palkin

Postby Jeffrey Segura on 14 Apr 2015, 06:02

I want to buy this app, but I'm really concern about if a can use my DDJ Wego2. Do you plans to add this controller?
Jeffrey Segura

Postby Activated Soundwave on 20 Apr 2015, 17:54

DJ Vintage wrote:As an afterthought, if I look at the list, I see mainly low end (modular) controllers, the S8 being the high end exception and the two Akai's kind of floating in the middle.

I am seriously confused by people wanting to buy the S8 which is designed bottom up, top down and side to side to be 100% Traktor compatible and then turn to Cross as their software platform. Imho there are plenty of other controller options that would fit the bill better.

And I personally feel it would be a good plan to make sure you support the main controllers from the main brands.

Based on the current "compatible controllers" list:

Pioneer: DDJ-SZ, DDJ-SX2, XDJ-1000
Denon: SC3900 (for those spinning platter enthusiasts), MC6000 mk2
Numark: iDJ Pro, NDX-500, NV
Reloop: Beatmix-series, Terminal Mix 8

Just my two cents, as usual

Just To clear the S8 Question up, I bought The S8 Because its quite simply the best layed out controller, with addition of faders and extra encoders, you wont get on its competitors.
But really, Why would you come to this assumption about the S8,I highly doubt that NI/Traktor would only want to have the controller for their software only and loose most of the market, after all almost every other DJ controllers is universal, NI would not want to loose out on selling controllers because of that silly point, and as they have just proved they have just fetched out a beta 2.7.5 that also updates the s8 driver for better third part software integration, now the Sample/remix deck encoders and faders and more are sending MIDI, so that really speaks for itself.

By the way Virtual DJ have just Brought out a mapping for the Numark NV serato controller and the screens double up for virtual DJ also, although they look the same as in serato, they still work. the S8 is more advanced internally so it maybe it could be possible to actually have the screens display Cross DJ.

I would have no problem mapping all the controls on the S8 myself, but the LED I have no Understanding of the coding involved despite trying to learn :( ,
However the screens have to be a bonus if would work, even without the screens this controller whoops the DDJSX and all below, I played my hunch and got mine knowing that with updates would come full third party MIDI control, and it just has. and if it did not then I would be stuck using traktor, no bad thing, apart from it being over cluttered and a few controls are not so easy switching too on the fly when mixing, alas my heart is with Cross, so why not? have the s8 mapped just like all other controllers, why exclude it on what grounds, its a no brainer for me and I have used the majority of the big controllers DDJSX and many others below that, but I still found a few lacking things, extra control for Cross DJ Rolling frequency/sample loops brace and a few other things, it all helps and the S8 does have this extra control.
Just My view on this. :) :)
My mix page
http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

FAQ - http://mixvibes.com/faq/
Cross DJ user manual
http://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uplo ... manual.pdf

Sorry if I ever come across the wrong way,Its never intentionally intended, and I am Always approachable.

I do not use video at present so in my experience I only refer to mixing audio
Activated Soundwave

Postby sudodj on 04 May 2015, 19:05

I know it's been mentioned before, but the Gemini G4V looks like a real no-brainer for an official Cross mapping. Proper XLR outs, dedicated booth out, performance pads, decent effects controls, per-channel bidirectional filters, and very affordable. My Reloop Terminal Mix 4 has turned out to be an unreliable pig, but the Gemini looks like it's both better build and has (more or less) a similar spec.

But really, if a solution to incomplete mappings has been known for some time, then why do we have to search through the forums to find them and put them, by hand, into the mapping files? An example is the VU meters on my Twitch. The solution for this missing functionality was posted on the forums last year, and even seems to have come from an official source, but for some reason the mapping in Cross itself doesn't include this fix. Better than adding more half-finished mappings would be finishing the ones that are already included properly.
sudodj

Postby DigiWongaDude on 12 May 2015, 11:06

Hi,

Greeting from UK. ALDI Stores sell a cheap DJ controller for under £30 (picture below) - Envivo. There's a ton of these out there under various names, but this one comes with a license for Cross DJ LE on the back. I would love to get this working with my android app of Cross DJ. The controller itself is USB powered but i could probably drive it with a OTG-Y cable.

I've noticed that mappings have been made for this controller (by some kind member here) although I haven't needed them for the PC version as it worked straight out of the box (so far).

Those mappings are here:
http://www.mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6085

...Could these be implemented into the Android app? I'm eagerly standing by to purchase the pro version of the Android app.

Any assistance or info will be greatly appreciated. :)

DigiWongaDude

Postby RoJeC on 12 May 2015, 11:47

Hi, great you were able to create a mapping. However a mapping only works for the application it is written for. So for connecting to the Cross android app it would have to be done from scratch.

Though plans exist to have users provide an option to create their own mappings, this is not on top of the development list as the 100s of android versions out there may not all have the support for this in the version as delivered by the manufacturer.

If you use a controller with a battery driven device you should always use a powered usb hub. DJ apps consume quite some power (high CPU + high contrast + no screen save) and in addition the OTG isn't designed to deliver much power out. As far as it does the controller will dredge your battery even faster... without having an input left to recharge unless disconnecting the controller...

Be aware that for MIDI control you need the Pro version. The Free+in app purchase does not have MIDI (not an option as in-app).
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby DigiWongaDude on 12 May 2015, 12:08

Many thanks Ronald!

Ok I get it now. Yes I noticed the app does drain the battery quite a bit, so using a USB powered controller on top of that is probably going to be problematic. Some usb powered devices use 300mA, others use 500mA (as far as i can tell), and it's not clear whether an OTG-Y cable can charge the tablet device and deliver power to the controller at the same time. :-/ i think i'll leave that minefield to someone else and focus on learning how to DJ. Thanks again.
DigiWongaDude

Postby RoJeC on 12 May 2015, 12:51

It isn't a minefield. It's designed this way. 500mA is the max current of a USB port. Often shared as the internal USB hub shares this amount over the ports.

In your Y-cable theory you have 500mA up and 500mA downstream. If it would work your cable likely heats up very quick and the heat would immediately distribute to all connections. Likely causing irreversable (melting) damage....

A powered usb hub will distribute it's capacity over the present ports, limited by the capacity of the input. So if you want to have some capacity left (like for hdd in future) a 2000mA powered hub (which will have 4 port minimum..) would be the way to go. Given the price I wouldn't try to risk of finding an alternative solution.. Prices start at like €/$ 10/15...
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby Ramiro Angel on 18 May 2015, 08:08

i just want to be able to use Pioneer ddj sx2 and hercules DJ universal witht Cross DJ than you :)
Ramiro Angel

Postby RoJeC on 18 May 2015, 09:36

hi Ramiro, welcome to mixvibes.
There is a user defined mapping available for the sx2 (PC/Mac). If you register your license in your user profile you will have access to more forums....
Ronald

RoJeC

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements