Numark n4 and DVS? or save up for a Pioneer sx2?

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Numark n4 and DVS? or save up for a Pioneer sx2?

Postby Mangler on 02 Dec 2014, 23:14

Hello I started using mixvibes with DVS and upgraded to Cross in 2013.

I use a mixvibes control 2 controller (not the pro version) and external U-Mix44 with analog turntables and timecode and a 2 chanel mixer. Use Cross 3.1 now

Im considering buying a all in one mixer controller. Want to be able to play normal vinyl as well.

The Numark n4 can be used as stand alone mixer and has a build in soundcard with xlr balanced outputs and MIDI controls.

I hope I can control the sample desks as well. It would be a pre if I can record as well. Now I have a 2 chanel routing so with DVS I can't hear the sample desks so use only 2 players for the 2 DVS vinyls. I record on a separate laptop.

1. Does the n4 work well with DVS (same performance as the U-Mix44)?
2. With the n4 is it possible to get control and hear the sample desks of Cross as well?
3. Can I use the record function in mixvibes with the n4 or do I still need to record on a separate laptop or with a separate soundcard?

And the Pioneer ssx2 controller? Can it do the same and is it worth saving. Or could a use a separate MIDI controller like the kontrol f1 to control the sample desks?
Compaq Presario 900 Notebook
Mobile Athlon XP 1400+
776 Mb RAM
Digiscratch Box 2 --> running mixvibes at 3 ms!

2 Omnitronic DD5250 tt
1 Ecler HAK320 Mixer
1 Korg Koass Pad II
Mangler

Return to General Chat