Custom UMCP-2 map

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Re: Custom UMCP-2 map

Postby sfronti on 11 Jul 2014, 09:59

I have tested some of your files and i think they are superb. Very good work!!!! I have no problem for now but still using them and if i'll find a problem, i'll ask for your help.

Thanks a lot
Stelios, Greece
Last edited by sfronti on 14 Jul 2014, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
July 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
Hp EliteBook
C.P.U: Intel Core I7, 2.0GHz
Ram:16Gb
V.G.A:NVIDIA Quadro 3000M (2Gb ram)
H.D.D1:SSD 500Gb
H.D.D2:SSD 1TB
Soundcard: Esi UDJ6, Audio4 DJ
O.S:Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Mix Vibes: Cross 3.4.3, 3.3.11
Controller:Gemini G4V, U-Mix Pro2, Denon MC3000, Faderfox Dj2,

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
sfronti

Postby FigDJ on 11 Jul 2014, 23:57

Daniel

I am sorry I didn't respond earlier to your crossfader question. My last response was a quick one because i was responding as leaving for a wonderful week in Bermuda. i am back today. Any way down to business.

The behavior started with version 3.0.
In 2.6 and below the entire mixer could be switched from audio+video to video only to audio only. The available commands precluded the need for more than one physical crossfader as the behavior could be controlled via the mixer modes or as exception command (command that ignored the current mixer state).

In 3.0 and subsequent versions there is no MIDI takeover from the video mode to the audio mode only audio to audio, video to video, and audio+video to audio+video. The software does not remember the last position of the crossfader when switching from audio to video or vice versa. on the DDJ-SX it is pretty easy to work around it because the controller provides for 2 physical crossfaders. The only work around that I see for the UMCP-2 is to assign a shift function to a knob that provides a CC note (cc= continuous change) like the amount knob. I will try a few thing and let you know what tweaks I can add to work around this issue.
FigDJ

Postby daniel clark on 12 Jul 2014, 00:07

:cool: figdj its kool ,, maybe looking into keyboard short cuts to Cross fade the vid Cross fader ,, since i am not needing total control and the auto Cross fade speed is adaquate ,, will look into that ,,good work on the mapping ,, also maybe i didnt understand the instrucctions for controlling the volume of the vid sample ,, havent played around with it much ,, so no pressing need ,, mainly to point out the behavior ,,which can cause some problems if used and not aware of its actions ,,

:D glasd to hear of a good vacation ,, if you work as hard as you do in your spare time ,, you needed it :D
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor