Cross DJ novice...

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Cross DJ novice...

Postby dR3+tS on 15 Apr 2014, 07:50

Hi.

Im new to all this....just purchased licence/software version only of Cross DJ from mac Apple app store and realise i need an audio interface.
I see there are 2 types available....including one make(UM46MK2) from a merchant for mixvibes in australia which is where i am and unfortunately i can't see it is for single sale as it comes bundled with a pack and i already have Cross DJ software installed on my macbook pro...so i need an audio interface.
I see the UM46MK2 audio interface is for a 4 channel mixer and you can add Cross DJ sampler to it also and is that one comparable with Mac OS X?
Or is the other audio interface only suited/compatable to mac OS X?
I can't see that model for sale anywhere in australia....in the mix vibes merchant/re-seller catalogue either......and is this USB audio interface as easy to connect RCA leads from and to my Amplifier with speaker so i can cue in mix in track in left ear and hear playing track in speaker connected to amp in right ear?
Is it as easy as that?
I would appreciate some feedback/answers to these questions as i want to get started on this ASAP!

Regards.

Jonathon.
dR3+tS

Re: Cross DJ novice...

Postby RoJeC on 15 Apr 2014, 10:30

dR3+tS wrote:Hi.

Im new to all this....just purchased licence/software version only of Cross DJ from mac Apple app store and realise i need an audio interface.

First of all welcome to MixVibes
You might want a soundcard for better preformance; however usually any PC/MAc has soundcard (headphone). This works for starters.
(you need other soundcards for number of channels, input and output, low latency; depending on your usage.)

I see there are 2 types available....including one make(UM46MK2) from a merchant for mixvibes in australia which is where i am and unfortunately i can't see it is for single sale as it comes bundled with a pack and i already have Cross DJ software installed on my macbook pro...so i need an audio interface.
I see the UM46MK2 audio interface is for a 4 channel mixer and you can add Cross DJ sampler to it also and is that one comparable with Mac OS X?
Or is the other audio interface only suited/compatable to mac OS X?
I can't see that model for sale anywhere in australia....in the mix vibes merchant/re-seller catalogue either......and is this USB audio interface as easy to connect RCA leads from and to my Amplifier with speaker so i can cue in mix in track in left ear and hear playing track in speaker connected to amp in right ear?
Is it as easy as that?

The MixVibes cards are good. But not required. The great thing about Cross it that it is multi soundcard and multi MIDI.
Maybe someone living in australia will drop by soon and can help you out with resellers.

How you connect to an amplifier is independent of software. The soundcard determines the volume. It is pretty common that soundcard provide 'line'. This is a default level for power(volume) exchanged between devices and equipment. (other is phone; based upon vinyl with a way lower power).
You can physical connect from any connector type to an other type. It is a matter of taking care of stereo to mono (e.g. minijack stereo to 2* mono RCA).

In Cross mulitple outputs are possible. What you mention can, L/R split for Cue and Mix. Other is using multiple stereo channels and have e.g. 1/2 for Mix and 3/4 for Cue.
More modes are available; check out the manual for usage.

Just never connect from line output to phone input.... And always amplify (to line) as early as possible.

Please let me know if this helps you in the right direction; if not clear just ask.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Postby UncleVibes on 15 Apr 2014, 12:13

Hello,
Don't forget that only Cross read Tc!
Cross DJ is for MIDI users
If you need you can upgrade to Cross.
UncleVibes

Postby dR3+tS on 16 Apr 2014, 09:14

Yep...ive been reading up on basics/checking out user pdf's... re-sellers/merchants in Oz and think I got some initial things clarified(trial & error wise!) sorted!
Ok...i bought via mac appstore the Cross DJ software only and its now installed on my macbook pro and i can keep that and use it for MIDI...etc...but realised i need Crosspack bundle on its own(ie:U46MK2....timecode vinyl/cd's..and the Cross ONLY installation disc)...if i wish to utilise time coded vinyl/cd features.
Anyhow....the seller here in OZ understands all this now and has quoted me a very significantly good price for the Cross only pack(including the installation software/disc.)
Im looking forward to utilising the harmonic mixing/musical key/note detection with tracks feature as this should enable more than just a BPM/genre based compilation of a DJ set.

Regards and appreciate this forums helpful tips and feedback and let you"s know how i go!

Cheers

Jonathon. :)
dR3+tS

Postby wazza on 16 Apr 2014, 11:24

Welcome another mixvibes user from OZ....
If you need help to setup Cross with time code vinyl PM me
Be happy to help you out
MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
wazza

Re: Cross novice...turntable ground leads...

Postby dR3+tS on 16 Apr 2014, 12:16

Hi.

On 1 of my technics SL1200 direct drive t.tables i have had the centre 0.0% Pitch removed.....as well as the earth/ground lead.
I am going to do the same with the other deck.....so i guess if i don't have any probs with that(ie: no need for grounds on my mixer)....then I'm assuming the same for the U46MK2?

Thanks.

Jonathon.
dR3+tS

Postby UncleVibes on 16 Apr 2014, 13:54

Find any sound card with 2 stereo inputs or outputs and upgrade to Cross that's might be the cheapest deal
UncleVibes

Postby daniel clark on 16 Apr 2014, 23:34

UncleVibes wrote:Find any sound card with 2 stereo inputs or outputs and upgrade to Cross that's might be the cheapest deal

:cool: is there a newer link to the upgrade ,,think i saw a difference in price ,,deleted the pms with the new up grade price ,, :cool: ,,can you post a current link to upgrade from , :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Re: Cross/pack DJ novice...

Postby dR3+tS on 18 Apr 2014, 10:25

I bought the crosspack from seller here in OZ yesterday.....including Cross installation disc/software so i can use the timecoded vinyl/cd's....checked out the Cross user manual....will have to have a good re/read of it though as not done anything like this before....(tis a bit more involved Cross appears than just run of mill setting up/connecting to my behringher 2 channel VMX mixer via RCA leads my 2 turntables/1 denon cd/USB media player/amplifier/ TCW25 sony HSD twin cassette deck....lol!
I hate having to read user manuals when all new to this but I'm afraid I'm going to have to do just that.....if i see/read something i don't understand rather than panic i will just have to read it again till i figure it out.....then if still at any loss...i guess i can always post description of my woes on here...... :)

Regards to all....

Jonathon.
dR3+tS

Postby daniel clark on 18 Apr 2014, 11:12

:cool: please put the licence key for your software in your profile ,,Cross that is :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor