Just Bought Cross DJ and Now I Need Help

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Just Bought Cross DJ and Now I Need Help

Postby Diskized on 10 Apr 2014, 23:09

Hello all.

As the title suggests I have just made the investment in Cross DJ. I was a previous Torq DJ owner but seeing as they have discontinued the product I have switched to Cross. Unfortunately now I am running in to some problems with various things.

1. First problem relates to the Control Panel here on the forums. When I go to input my serial number, it tells me everytime that it is an invalid serial number (even though I activated Cross just fine with it).

2. I own the Torq Xponent and noticed that MusicMeister had done a mapping for it. I went to the forum post and cannot for the life of me find out how to download the mapping (maybe Im just dumb :razz: )

3. Is there any video tutorials that would help me to set up Cross and possibly answer any basic questions I would have?

4. I have RekordBox as my main DJ library and I have already s "synced" my playlists over to Cross. Is there a way I can go ahead and import beatgrid information to Cross from RekordBox?

5. The last question segways into this one. I noticed that every song Ive loaded onto a deck seems to always have the wrong beatgrid information (the downbeat is all out of line, grid in general is all wacked). Is there a way to fix this? Also, the beatgrid does not seem to follow the song, can I change this functionality as well?

Forgive me for the long list of questions but I am new and not really sure what to do yet! If you have any answers to these questions or just new user advice that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :surprised:
Diskized

Re: Just Bought Cross DJ and Now I Need Help

Postby daniel clark on 10 Apr 2014, 23:39

:cool: the first thing is to get properly regerstered ,, will solve some of your issues ,, if you are shure you typed the licence key in yoour profile correct ,, caps and dashes ,, then pm unclevibes with the info and please dont post the licence key on the open fourm,, :cool:
#2 is solved by above
#3 is a little harder,, check the blog pages and any youtube vid that may still exist,, other than this fourm for info ,,from prior postings resolved or just plain :?: and answer to help you with you issues :mrgreen:
#4 is a litle harder since i dont use rekord box and not familiar with its set up and use ,,here comes the info on the fourm to help ,,plus pleanty of helpful user ,, :!:
#5 is that beatgrids are editable
sorry to not be more help but welcome to mixvibes :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby Diskized on 11 Apr 2014, 01:33

Thank you for the quick reply! Definitely answered all my questions. I have PMed UncleVibe and I shall wait till he replies. If I have any other questions Ill post them here. One very quick question I have is this. If I wanted to buy a new controller for this program, what would be a good controller? Thanks!
Diskized

Postby daniel clark on 11 Apr 2014, 01:40

:cool: re read some of your :?: s ,, is there a attachment on the posting for the mapping ,, can you download that ,,and in MIDI preferences there is a import mapping tab ,,open that and give the file location ,, that might solve the mapping issue ,,dependent on the version that mapping was set up for ,,but should be a start ,, bare least post a link for the posting to see if it still valid ,, :cool:
:cool: as for suggesting a controller ,, need to know how/what you want to do with it ,, ,post a seperate topic for suggestions from users and their experiences ,, also give info on what you want to be able to accomplish with it ,,too many variables ,, :biggrin: :mrgreen: :cool:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby FigDJ on 11 Apr 2014, 04:13

Diskized wrote:Thank you for the quick reply! Definitely answered all my questions. I have PMed UncleVibe and I shall wait till he replies. If I have any other questions Ill post them here. One very quick question I have is this. If I wanted to buy a new controller for this program, what would be a good controller? Thanks!

I know it is a bit pricey but the DDJ-SX by Pioneer is an awesome controller for Cross. I have done custom maps for this controller an I am still finding out great options for functionality beyond the basic map.
FigDJ

Postby Diskized on 11 Apr 2014, 04:20

Awesome controller! I have now another thing to start saving for haha! I have another question about the beat grids. Again, it seems that every song I load does not have the right beatgrid information. I know how to edit it and all but to have to do that for every single song is gonna be annoying :frown: . Is there someone who owns RekordBox that knows how to just use the beat grid info from there for Cross? Thanks again.
Diskized

Return to General Chat