A warm hand extended....

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

A warm hand extended....

Postby WillMD on 10 Feb 2009, 14:22

So i went about posting about my website in the wrong way.

I just wanted to extend a warm hand from one community to lots of others with the relevant information.

I realise i should have made myself part of all of these communities as well before posting up about the one that we're trying to create for all of us.

What we are trying to do is create a site for us the DJ's to be able to express ourselves without "the man" putting us down or making restrictions due to being owned by a single company.

The site is owned and run by myself and some forum friends from the Torq forum. We created a site intentionaly for Torq and then we had some interest from other DVS users so decided to expand it to what you see today.

Im sorry for posting up in a spamming way.

I don't want any hard feelings and i am willing to put the effort into your community.

Thanks

Will D
WillMD

Re: A warm hand extended....

Postby compact on 10 Feb 2009, 14:28

thats actualy no problem..like i allready said this is quite interessting..the problem is:

you started and used your very first post on our forums to promote your site...you may should have taken the time to become a member of the community, wich might not even be your intention, since you are a torq user...so we must see your first post as spam, even if your intentions to do it where ment good..!

best.

mello-d.
compact

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 14:30

Wait for it... Waaaaaaait for it...
phadedvision

Postby WillMD on 10 Feb 2009, 14:35

I am aware that i am a Torq user and this is the reason we've created the site.

Myself & the guys that have made the site feel that we are all to into our "OWN" DVS communities, we are all in essence doing the same thing but with slightly different technology.

I can't become a member of your community if i tried because i use Torq & this is the main reason for us creating the site.

We want ALL DVS users to come and be as ONE digital Community and not have each digital community bitch about the other but as ONE big happy digital Community where everyone can see what everyone else is doing.

If you guys have any questions please pm me or ask on the thread.
WillMD

Postby gakto2009 on 10 Feb 2009, 14:44

Do you own any mixvibes products?

Are you a DJ?

What makes you think that other DJ’s are going to be interested in this kind of thing anyways?

Your site is nothing but advertising! And for that very reason i do not want anything to do with it, why should i put in the effort for you and all the other advertisers to gain out of it? That’s all it is really, DJ’s do the work and keep your site alive and you get all the money from advertising.

And on top of that, you want to make us sign up using forms over the internet no doubt asking for our personal information, what are you going to do with that, sell it to more advertising companies?

How can you expect for any member of our forum to trust you in any way shape of form, more so when you have no intention of buying any mixvibes products, why should we support you when you haven’t supported us?

I have been a member or the Mixvibes forum for years! User>Betatester and now moderator... took allot of time to build trust and i proved myself over time, myself and another long standing Mixvibes member are working on a webshop dedicated to mixvibes products and yet... you don’t see us spamming anywhere with it, do you?

The moral of this is, the internet can be a dangerous place, so don’t expect anyone to fallow you until you give us good and proper reason too. When you have something up and running and have built a relationship with users, come back and speak to use then...

I also STRONGY advise you to start asking permission of the LEGAL owners of the company names you are using before you start branding them with your own logos.. just watch the mixvibes video with DJ trouble, FIVE logos over it, four are yours and one for the player! If it was up to me i would say “no chance!”.

Good luck with your project,

Regards,
Bryan
..!.. ..!.. NO SUPPORT BY PM ..!.. ..!..

gakto2009

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 14:46

phadedvision wrote:Wait for it... Waaaaaaait for it...

gakto2009 wrote:Do you own any mixvibes products?

Are you a DJ?

What makes you think that other DJ’s are going to be interested in this kind of thing anyways?

Your site is nothing but advertising! And for that very reason i do not want anything to do with it, why should i put in the effort for you and all the other advertisers to gain out of it? That’s all it is really, DJ’s do the work and keep your site alive and you get all the money from advertising.

And on top of that, you want to make us sign up using forms over the internet no doubt asking for our personal information, what are you going to do with that, sell it to more advertising companies?

How can you expect for any member of our forum to trust you in any way shape of form, more so when you have no intention of buying any mixvibes products, why should we support you when you haven’t supported us?

I have been a member or the Mixvibes forum for years! User>Betatester and now moderator... took allot of time to build trust and i proved myself over time, myself and another long standing Mixvibes member are working on a webshop dedicated to mixvibes products and yet... you don’t see us spamming anywhere with it, do you?

The moral of this is, the internet can be a dangerous place, so don’t expect anyone to fallow you until you give us good and proper reason too. When you have something up and running and have built a relationship with users, come back and speak to use then...

I also STRONGY advise you to start asking permission of the LEGAL owners of the company names you are using before you start branding them with your own logos.. just watch the mixvibes video with DJ trouble, FIVE logos over it, four are yours and one for the player! If it was up to me i would say “no chance!”.

Regards,
Bryan

Home run.
phadedvision

Postby compact on 10 Feb 2009, 14:53

gakto2009 wrote:Do you own any mixvibes products?

Are you a DJ?

Regards,
Bryan

well, bryan has some very good points there...!!!
compact

Postby WillMD on 10 Feb 2009, 15:01

To answer your Questions.

Yes i am a DJ and i contribute a lot of time over at the Torq forum.
I DJ Breakbeat & Liquid DNB. Im also getting into Old school Hip Hop and learning some things due to watching Hip hop DJ's on the DVS site.

I can't see why any DJ would NOT want to be part of a community where you can showcase your DVS and what you can do.

The advertising that we have got up on the site is to hopefully be able for us to pay for a PRO account on Mogulus which costs ..... wait for it............ $1200 A MONTH !

The sign up form has no personal Details in it what so ever.

Mogulus username : (so you can be part of the channel
DJ Name: (so we know what your DJ name is)
Time: (so we know when to schedule you)
Day: (same as above)
Channel: (so you don't get added to the wrong channel)
Genre: (pretty obvious)

We are not endorsed by any companies. The video's that we have linked to are from youtube and everything we have done is legal to my knowledge.

The only reason we have DJ Trouble and any other Mixvibes or Serato or Traktor etc video's is because we don't have any USER uploaded content because no one has DJed from your sites

All of this is supposed to be for YOU and Me the DJ's
WillMD

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 15:15

User has been banned for the following reasons: Advertising, spamming.

That's the last we should be seeing of him.
phadedvision

Return to General Chat