John_Deeve

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

John_Deeve

Postby johndeeve on 10 Feb 2009, 14:17

Hello, just registred on the forum.
I'm John, i live in Belgium and i am waiting for my mixvibes DVS pack mk2. ( that is the reason why i haven't fill in the serial number)
I play mostly in bars and party's but i want to go a little bit further that's why i bought the mixvibes and also turntable's ( i normally play with cds) i have bought stanton t60 turntables because i dont have the money to buy new technics so it's just for starting and i will see in the future. I hope everything will go well.

specs from laptop
packard bell v7909
80 hard disk
intell dual core processor
1,86 Ghz ram
windows xp sp3
Does the sound card of the laptop must be shut down for the installation or while you are mixing?

The mix set:
2 x T.60 TURNTABLES w/ slip mats and dust covers
2 x 500B CARTRIDGES mounted on headshells
1 x M.201 MIXER
1 x DJ PRO 80 HEADPHONES

is there anything that won't work with mixvibes DVS pack 2?
How about the reaction time(latency) of the mixvibes on the turntables? Doesn't the program stops sometimes. I have had that with behringer bcd3000 and tarctor 3 LE the program always stopped and blocked.

Ii'm looking forward to it!

grtzz john deeve
johndeeve

Re: John_Deeve

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 14:25

Hi John Deeve, welcome to the forums!

Does the sound card of the laptop must be shut down for the installation or while you are mixing?

I'm not too sure what you mean by this, but the U46 is used while you're during installation and mixing. You can still access your laptop soundcard even with the U46 plugged in.

is there anything that won't work with mixvibes DVS pack 2?

Concerning hardware, nope! Although we are working on getting a couple MIDI things to work more accurately.

How about the reaction time(latency) of the mixvibes on the turntables? Doesn't the program stops sometimes. I have had that with behringer bcd3000 and tarctor 3 LE the program always stopped and blocked.

You can adjust the latency settings to your needs, but if you optimize your laptop (there's a couple threads on how to do that) you should be able to run the 3ms setting no problem, and if that works well you could even use the 1.5ms setting.

Hope this helps!
phadedvision

Postby johndeeve on 10 Feb 2009, 14:33

Oké thx !!

Well i have had a behringer bcd 3000 and after a time of mixing the program stops. It was like a bug. I thought it was my laptop but it wasn't.
That's also the reason why i ask if the sound driver has to be stopped while installing or using the sound driver of mixvibes. 5 because with the behehringer it was like that) I have much problems with that program i hope it will be all better now..

And with the DJ set(the turntables,mixer and laptop) i have it will be no problem for installing and playing with it for hours?

I hope i have the program fast.
johndeeve

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 14:38

There's actually a preset for your BCD 3000 so you're all set! Concerning how long everything works, you should be able to mix for hours on end without many problems. But if you do, we're here to help. Hope it comes to you soon, I'm sure you're going to find it very useful!
phadedvision

Postby johndeeve on 10 Feb 2009, 14:56

phadedvision wrote:Hi John Deeve, welcome to the forums!

You can adjust the latency settings to your needs, but if you optimize your laptop (there's a couple threads on how to do that) you should be able to run the 3ms setting no problem, and if that works well you could even use the 1.5ms setting.

Hope this helps!

Where can i find the threads to optimize my laptop?

grtz
johndeeve

Postby phadedvision on 10 Feb 2009, 15:17

Here's a tutorial section:

viewtopic.php?f=207&t=11975
phadedvision

Postby polocorp on 28 Feb 2009, 11:56

welcome to the forums john. you must have received your pack by now. Hope you are having a blast with it ;)
MixVibes PRO DJ TEAM

MixVibes Cross 2
MacBook PRO
CDJ-2000
DJM-800

http://polocorp.blogspot.com
http://Facebook.com/polocorp.music
polocorp

Postby Dj NB on 09 Mar 2009, 00:17

Welcome bro, happy times in the best forum in the world.
Dj NB

Return to General Chat