Mixvibes now at the Bottom of the List

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Mixvibes now at the Bottom of the List

Postby Hanginon on 22 Mar 2018, 17:22

The most recent DJ Survey results at Digital DJ Tips have been posted. Over 32,000 respondents!
Mixvibes is now at the bottom of the software list.

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/03/2017-dj-census/

Additionally, controllers (by far) are the preferred method of DJ'ing.

Could someone please explain to me how Mixvibes abandoning their core users (Cross DJ for PC/Mac) was a good business decision?
Hanginon

Re: Mixvibes now at the Bottom of the List

Postby FigDJ on 22 Mar 2018, 19:33

Hanginon wrote:The most recent DJ Survey results at Digital DJ Tips have been posted. Over 32,000 respondents!
Mixvibes is now at the bottom of the software list.

https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2018/03/2017-dj-census/

Additionally, controllers (by far) are the preferred method of DJ'ing.

Could someone please explain to me how Mixvibes abandoning their core users (Cross DJ for PC/Mac) was a good business decision?

I hear you, I am quite disappointed myself. I was able to get a copy of Cross/CrossDJ 4 when the Alpha testing started. It needed some work but it looked very promising and it could have become one of the top 3.

All of the sudden everything related to the new version stopped and never heard anything else about Cross 4. Within a short period (few weeks) Pioneer announced Rekorbox. What a coincidence.

I signed a Non-Disclosure agreement with Mixvibes so I can't reveal anything that is not already out there. I wish Mixvibes would pick up development of Cross 4.

I would be willing to pay for a new version at special price. Meaning if you are already a Cross user you get a special price for the upgrade and if you are new to Mixvibes and Cross then you pay the full price.

I have been slowly but surely going thru my library and updating cue point, loops, BPM, keys an d all related tags so I can move to a platform that is moving forward into the future.
FigDJ

Postby Hanginon on 22 Mar 2018, 21:48

FigDJ wrote:I hear you, I am quite disappointed myself. I was able to get a copy of Cross/CrossDJ 4 when the Alpha testing started. It needed some work but it looked very promising and it could have become one of the top 3.

All of the sudden everything related to the new version stopped and never heard anything else about Cross 4. Within a short period (few weeks) Pioneer announced Rekorbox. What a coincidence.

I never even knew an Alpha version of Cross 4 existed. For them to instantly stop development of it, after all the heavy lifting had already been done, does seem to confirm that Pioneer was involved, perhaps a non-competition agreement. Someday the truth will come out.

However, right now it is all speculation. What is not speculation is that, whatever did happen, IMHO it was a very poor decision long-term for Mixvibes AND Cross DJ users.
Last edited by Hanginon on 23 Mar 2018, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Hanginon

Postby daniel clark on 22 Mar 2018, 22:24

:neutral: yes totaly disappointed at this situation ,, it would be good to know the truth ,, :eek:
:neutral: would not have complained about a payment for further devolpement of Cross ,,but looking at conditions ,, no progress of Cross ,crossdj,, havent seen any further dev of remixvid ,, including resolution of rec bug..not seeing any more dev of remixlive ,, Cross for android ./iOS ..haven't seen any progress in that area ,
soooo ,,
silence as the tree falls
:eek:
January 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the month
MEMBER OF:
:cool: C00l People MV Society :cool:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR SOFTWARE...FORUM RULES
2014 dell XPS8700
intel core i5 4400@3.10ghz
12 gigs DDR3 ram
NVDIA GeForce GT635
Win 10 /64 bits OS
Realteck 7.1
Home USB sound dogle
Asus VE247H monitor
Logitec G-15 ser 1 gaming keyboard
U-Mix Control Pro 2
daniel clark

Postby radioViki on 23 Mar 2018, 15:50

It is very sad that there is no official word from any official side.

Crossdj provides a solid base for DJ software, I'm happy with that.
But new software has to fold fast, otherwise all users are gone
Mac-Pro 3.1, 16 GByte, Cross 3.x / Behringer DDM4000
NI F1_2x, NI X1-MK2_1x, NI Maschine MKI, Presonus Fire,

hilsen fra norge radioViki ( George )
radioViki

Postby sfronti on 23 Mar 2018, 16:51

The history is exactly just like FigDj said. There was a Cross 4 in Alpha version for a few weeks (3 or 4 updates) and suddenly everything stopped.

Stelios, Greece
July 2012 Mixvibes DJ of the Month
Hp EliteBook
C.P.U: Intel Core I7, 2.0GHz
Ram:16Gb
V.G.A:NVIDIA Quadro 3000M (2Gb ram)
H.D.D1:SSD 500Gb
H.D.D2:SSD 1TB
Soundcard: Esi UDJ6, Audio4 DJ
O.S:Win 10 Pro 64bit, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Mix Vibes: Cross 3.4.3, 3.3.11
Controller:Gemini G4V, U-Mix Pro2, Denon MC3000, Faderfox Dj2,

MEMBER OF:
:cool: c00l People MV Society :cool:
sfronti

Postby discopex on 05 Apr 2018, 13:43

VERY seriously considering migrating to Rekordbox. The only downside to Rekordbox IMO is that it doesn't officially support Camelot key tags but there is fortunately a workaround. :rolleyes:
Thinkpad X240, 8 Gb / 512Gb SSD
running Cross 3.4.3 64-bit
Allen & Heath K2, Pioneer DJM-450
discopex

Postby tb0ne on 05 Apr 2018, 15:25

If we must believe some voices here Rekordbox is like Cross if it would have been updated.
I'm in the process of switching to Serato but it still feels strange.
The way I DJ and how I interacted with Cross, doing that with Serato still doesn't feel good. I can't recall I had so much issues starting with Cross a couple of years ago.
I actually need to sync manually a lot more since beatgrids just drift, even on stable dance tracks.
Pitch'n time is awesome but it's not the killer for me, I'm not dependent on that.
Maybe I will sell the MC7000 and try-out the new DDJ-1000 which comes with Rekordbox.
And if the above is true, I might be an old new Mixvibes user...
tb0ne

Postby benny_blanco_cross on 06 Apr 2018, 17:18

Hi everybody,

i'am as sad as everybody about Cross future,so i'm also in search of solutions to switch to another DVS.
in that regard, i tried the rekordbox one month trial, and was very disappointed :
- yes the database is exactly the same as Cross (guess why...), but the overall stability is clearly not there... the soft seems really poorly optimised.
For me the real deal brekar was the DVS side, wich is completly unusable (sticker drift, fluctuation in the platter speed reading...).
For those interested, i urge you to test it out before moving, as lot of people might be disappointed.
Cheers
benny_blanco_cross

Postby jonas76 on 20 May 2018, 23:09

I'm very sad to see mixvibes at the bottom there. Cross is amazing and pretty allround if you ask me (camelot keys are a big asset for me), but some updates with respect to user questions and feedback would be a plus.

It's very frustrating to see Mixvibes being busy to make a useless "Beatsnap" kids app instead of pushing Cross. :cry:
From the country that invented New Beat ;)
jonas76

Return to General Chat