Xone 23c, need some help

Talk about gear, music, shows or anything you'd like.
Forum rules
Click here to join Mixvibes on DISCORD https://discord.gg/gMdQJ2cJqa

Xone 23c, need some help

Postby Viktor Lewis on 20 Apr 2018, 23:17

Hi

Big digital Djing noob here, and just started getting into a digital setup, but I have some issues.

My Equipment:
Xone 23c mixer
2 Pioneer CDJ 900s
Computer with Cross
Amplifier with two pairs of bookshelf speakers connected.

My problems:
There is something wrong with the cue on my headphones. When both cue buttons are inactive on the mixer, and the MIX/CUE knob is turned completely to CUE, i can hear the main mix on my headphones as well as on the speakers. turning the knob does nothing. If I press one of the cue buttons, it previews the track fine, but both cues on has the same effect as both cues off, namely hearing the main mix.
Turning the master volume knob on the mixer does nothing, but the monitor knob does adjust the volume. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I must be missing something obvious but I can't figure out what.

Additionaly, can somebody help me in setting up the cdjs and mixer so that i can control Cross with them? I have got the mixer to show up on my computer as a sound device, but I don't know how to proceed from here.

Any help would be very welcome.
Viktor Lewis

Re: Xone 23c, need some help

Postby Team@Mixvibes on 21 Apr 2018, 20:26

Hi Viktor,

Please link your license key/serial number for Cross to your profile, so that we can get further details on the version you are running. I am assuming it is the LE version that came bundled with your Xone23c, but could be mistaken.

The CDJ 900s should work plug and play with Cross DJ as MIDI controllers and as HID controllers with Cross, however I am not clear if they also work with Cross LE. Let me know if you need an explanation on how to get them connected to Cross and I can try to walk you through it.

Also if you can post a screenshot of how you have the Audio page setup in Cross's preferences that will help solve what is wrong with the headphone cue.

Let us know some more details and hopefully we can figure out what the issue is.

Adam @Mixvibes
For support requests, you can check out the FAQ and reach our support staff at this page.
Thank You!
Team@MixVibes gives no support on the forums including via PM
Team@Mixvibes

Re: Xone 23c, need some help

Postby RoJeC on 21 Apr 2018, 22:48

HID support is only in the full Cross version.

If you use an external mixer you have to use the mixer for the Cue as Cross sends both decks at Line level to the mixer channels.

Only when the audiorouting is set to dual stereo/split mono you can use the mix/cue fader of Cross. But this is not the way to use with the Xone (unless you have a special need for wanting this)

As mentioned upgrading to the latest version is the best start for resolving Pioneer related issues.
Ronald

Manual alternative link: ? https://www.mixvibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/cross-dj-user-manual.pdf
Audio dropouts? Increase audio 'buffer size' value.
FAQ iOS / Android / PC / MAC http://www.mixvibes.com/help/
Soundcard not available/working? Try the 32bit version of Cross (is also installed).
RoJeC

Return to General Chat